Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Updating Your Kitchen Cabinets on a Budget

By VivaFashion on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM

The next big project the hubby and I are taking on is giving our kitchen a little makeover. If you're in the same boat, but are on a tight budget, The Home Depot has three options that can help you turn any budget into a transformed kitchen:

#1 Replace Your Cabinets and Countertops: If you're looking to give your kitchen a whole new look, you can consider replacing your cabinets and countertops to get a new, customized layout for your kitchen. The Home Depot can help you find the perfect cabinets that fit your kitchen, lifestyle and budget. So whether you're more modern than traditional or need advice on picking the perfect color scheme, they've got you covered.  Visit your local store and meet with a Kitchen Designer for a free consultation.

#2 Reface Your Cabinets: An affordable way to update your kitchen is by simply refacing your cabinets with new doors, drawer fronts and hardware. This can dramatically change its look and you can still utilize your existing cabinets. The Home Depot's consultants bring samples to your home to help you create the look of your dream kitchen. They simply take the measurements and custom make your new cabinet doors and drawers and schedule an installation date. Best of all installation takes only 3-5 days. They can also help with countertops and backsplashes as well.

#3 Renew your Wood Cabinets: Over time, wooden cabinets can become damaged or faded. The Home Depot offers a service called N-Hance in which they can clean and renew the existing finish or update the color or stain, giving your kitchen an updated look on a budget. The entire process can be completed in as little as one day. 

VivaFashion About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • cjsjellybean
  • by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:11 AM
  •  I can't wait until we can work on fixing up our kitchen.  One of our cabinets completely fell apart yesterday, lol.  I'd love some cherry cabinets.  So pretty!!

• Quote Reply
  • LaniBee
  • by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:10 AM
  • Our kitchen is up to date. My SIL recently had her cabinets painted and some new countertops put in and it really brightened up the space. 

• Quote Reply
  • elasmimi
  • by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:32 PM
  • We did reface ours several years ago, but the laminate cabinets are pretty worthless, I think. The laminate sheets on the sides are peeling off. We have new Corian countertops, hoping to be able to replace just the cabinets someday.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN