Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Updating Your Kitchen Cabinets on a Budget

Posted by   + Show Post

The next big project the hubby and I are taking on is giving our kitchen a little makeover. If you're in the same boat, but are on a tight budget, The Home Depot has three options that can help you turn any budget into a transformed kitchen:

#1 Replace Your Cabinets and Countertops: If you're looking to give your kitchen a whole new look, you can consider replacing your cabinets and countertops to get a new, customized layout for your kitchen. The Home Depot can help you find the perfect cabinets that fit your kitchen, lifestyle and budget. So whether you're more modern than traditional or need advice on picking the perfect color scheme, they've got you covered.  Visit your local store and meet with a Kitchen Designer for a free consultation.

#2 Reface Your Cabinets: An affordable way to update your kitchen is by simply refacing your cabinets with new doors, drawer fronts and hardware. This can dramatically change its look and you can still utilize your existing cabinets. The Home Depot's consultants bring samples to your home to help you create the look of your dream kitchen. They simply take the measurements and custom make your new cabinet doors and drawers and schedule an installation date. Best of all installation takes only 3-5 days. They can also help with countertops and backsplashes as well.

#3 Renew your Wood Cabinets: Over time, wooden cabinets can become damaged or faded. The Home Depot offers a service called N-Hance in which they can clean and renew the existing finish or update the color or stain, giving your kitchen an updated look on a budget. The entire process can be completed in as little as one day. 

VivaFashion About :
Replies (51-53):
  • breezymom02
  • by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:51 AM
  • We want to redo our kitchen but I'm so afraid we will do it and then I won't like it.

I like the ideas above for now.

Quoting funhappymom:

We just redid our kitchen a few years ago. I wish we would have waited and saved up a little more money. While I like our cabinets, I would have liked to do buy a little nicer ones.

• Quote Reply
  • lil_mama06
  • by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:20 AM
  • A walnut color....

Quoting WifeAndMom99:

Liking your cabinets and only needing paint for the walls is a huge time and money saver.

What color are your cabinets?

Quoting lil_mama06: Great tips...I like our current cabinets...I'd just like to paint the walls..

• Quote Reply
  • splatz
  • by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:56 PM
  • Exactly! lol My in-laws have a white kitchen and it is gorgeous. But, they also don't have sticky little hands touching their cabinets daily. 

Quoting WifeAndMom99:

Lol. I like them in kitchens that aren't mine! I think you're right though, being painted vs factory painted can make a difference.

Quoting splatz:

I like them in some kitchens too. But, they just don't flow well in my kitchen. My cabinets are painted white so I think that makes a big difference too. 

Quoting mrswillie: I!love white cabinets
    Quoting splatz:

I would love to change the color of the cabinets! They are white and always look dirty to me! 

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)