Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Staples?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:16 AM
  • 15 Replies

Have you ever gone to Staples to purchase back to school supplies for your kids?

I was looking at their sales flyer yesterday and looks pretty good. I was wondering how it compared to Walmart or Target.

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM

No we've only been to Staples a few times ever .. it was more convenient to get the stuff they carry at other places in our case .... where we use to live we had to go there a few times to use their copiers or fax machine, that's about it. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

cafay
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Yeah, I have gone to Staples a couple of times. But I never compare the prices. When I go in, it's because I can't find what I am looking for elsewhere. But that doesn't mean I don't like the place. I see things in there, that I don't see other places. It's a good store, just a little more out of the way for me.

wandep
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Yeah I was wondering how the prices were compared to other places it will be out of the way for us to go too. LOL 

Quoting cafay:

Yeah, I have gone to Staples a couple of times. But I never compare the prices. When I go in, it's because I can't find what I am looking for elsewhere. But that doesn't mean I don't like the place. I see things in there, that I don't see other places. It's a good store, just a little more out of the way for me.

Larsbug
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:30 AM
nope, I just go to Target. Between the cartwheel app, the 5% pharmacy rewards, and my 5% red card I don't think I spend that much. I do the same thing with groceries...
StreetsAhead
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:45 AM
We go to staples a lot so usually buy his school stuff there (though we have less than.most of you) We can use DHs business account which is why we go, otherwise just supermarkets
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Don't have a staples near here, but Office Depot does have some good deals.

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I have in the past when they had their penny deals

Vertical15
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Yes but not recently.

PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:59 PM

We go to staples to get binders.  

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Yes.  But check their limits and gimmicks.  They can have some really good deals, but there are usually limits, and sometimes you have to buy $5 worth to get the penny and quarter deals.  So I look at what is on sale there, what I need, and I buy exactly what I need to buy to make the most for my buck.  Office Max is the same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN