Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Do You Have Decorative Throw Pillows On Your Bed?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:57 AM
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: Besides your sleeping bed pillows, do you have decorative throw pillows on your bed too?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

pillow Do you just have your sleeping bed pillows on your bed or do you have some decorative throw pillows on it too? 

If you do.. did they come with your bedding or did you buy them separately? 

Also.. 
If you do ... how many do you have and what do they look like? (Describe or better yet share a pic!)

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:59 AM

We have 2 little 8 inch wedding ring bearer pillows on our bed as decorative throw pillows that we picked out together for our bed bc the colors matched and we liked them and we liked the romantic sentimentality and symbolism (of being wedding pillows and having wedding rings and cross on them) We didn't even use a ring bearer pillow at our actual wedding these were bought just recently just for decor on our bed to add a special touch...

catlaughing(our cat likes to beat them up and throw them across the bed and across the room though HAHAHA)

StreetsAhead
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes we have 2 normal bed pillows that cases will match whatever bedding is on the bed.
Then two big ones that are broderie anglaise.
Then two little ones that where my great grandmothers that she made and embroidered for her marriage
Whereismymind
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM
We do not have decorative pillows .
Larsbug
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

no, we don't even have a head board or matching bedside tables...our dresser was my mom's when she was younger. The newest thing in our bedroom is our china cabinet that my grandfather made for me because I wanted one just like my grandmothers (which he is never giving up)

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

No throw pillows. To me they are just something that you have to toss aside at nigh and then put back on in the morning. lol

I have just our bed pillows and then another pair of bed pillows inside shams to match whatever coverlet I'm using at the time. This is our winter set, the shams came with the comforter and bedskirt. It's too heavy to use this time of year.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this

This is what I have on the bed right now.Two sets of pillows, didn't have shams to match this. It's a quilt that my aunt and cousins made for me when I got married. The material for the pieced squares is from leftover fabric from dresses that were made for my grandmother, mother and her two sisters. It's all hand stitched and embroidered.

wandep
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:01 PM

No

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:56 PM

holding balloonsgrandmaAwww I especially love that Grandma made 2 for her marriage and now you have them.. we LOVE sentimentality like that.. makes it extra special.  Do you have pics of them? :)

Quoting StreetsAhead: Yes we have 2 normal bed pillows that cases will match whatever bedding is on the bed. Then two big ones that are broderie anglaise. Then two little ones that where my great grandmothers that she made and embroidered for her marriage

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:57 PM

That is really special that you have special and sentimental pieces in your room other than pillows though  too! YAY  

Quoting Larsbug:

no, we don't even have a head board or matching bedside tables...our dresser was my mom's when she was younger. The newest thing in our bedroom is our china cabinet that my grandfather made for me because I wanted one just like my grandmothers (which he is never giving up)

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Awww that was so sweet of them to do that for you! LOVEEE sentimental things.. they are so special. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

This is what I have on the bed right now.Two sets of pillows, didn't have shams to match this. It's a quilt that my aunt and cousins made for me when I got married. The material for the pieced squares is from leftover fabric from dresses that were made for my grandmother, mother and her two sisters. It's all hand stitched and embroidered.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN