Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Do You Have Decorative Throw Pillows On Your Bed?

Poll

Question: Besides your sleeping bed pillows, do you have decorative throw pillows on your bed too?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

pillow Do you just have your sleeping bed pillows on your bed or do you have some decorative throw pillows on it too? 

If you do.. did they come with your bedding or did you buy them separately? 

Also.. 
If you do ... how many do you have and what do they look like? (Describe or better yet share a pic!)

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Replies (21-29):
jglasser7682
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Well thank ya!  :)

The green decorative throw pillow and the chocolate decorative throw pillow are actually just throw pillow covers lol.

Being that throw pillows can be so costly (I paid $25 just for the fuzzy ivory white one) I just went to Hobby Lobby and bought these covers for my old throw pillows. They have a zipper opening on the back and you just stuff the old throw pillow in them, zip them up and Wa-La, done!

Even better part is that I only paid $3.99 for the chocolate one and $4.99 for the green one.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Thank you for sharing.. such a pretty color trio! I especially love the green throw decorative pillow and how the brown comforter is a mix of cloth and silkiness.. it really adds a touch of class and makes it look really extra pretty : ) I also love how you have little touches of feminity but not too much for hubby and little touches of masculinity but not too much for you... it's a wonderful balance for a couple.. I love that!  Nice job!!! 

Quoting jglasser7682:

Yes. I have 4 regular bed pillows (2 apple green and 2 ivory white).

2 Euro shams (chocolate brown)

3 throw pillows (1 chocolate brown, 1 ivory white & 1 apple green)

Here are the pics. Sorry the quality is so crappy. I took these on my phone camera - it sucks lol.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

good Good job! Hey it doesn't matter so much how the throw pillow is stuffed as to what it looks like on outside since they are for decor right?! 

Actually when Todd and I were shopping for our bed decorative throw pillows and for our living room sofa and rocking chair/recliner throw pillows too... we mostly searched online on Amazon, On Google and on Etsy for the specific colors and styles we like and I don't know how many literally 100s and 100s we went thru for about a week before we settled on our joint favorites and then made final selections.. and when we were doing so.... there were quite a few of them that weren't pillows at all but just the decorative covers and we didn't have old pillows to stuff in them so we would have had to buy plain pillow filler stuffers online in the right sizes/shapes as well.. but we were willing to do that if we needed to because some of the covers were so special they'd be worth it.. these black faux mink fur 2 18 inch square ones we bought for the living room sofa are officially just covers and we would have happily bought stuffers to get these covers to put them on our living room couch but we got lucky and the company said they include free plain stuffers when they ship the covers out... No idea why they didnt just make them pillows since they obviously have the stuffers but oh well. haha

Quoting jglasser7682:

Well thank ya!  :)

The green decorative throw pillow and the chocolate decorative throw pillow are actually just throw pillow covers lol.

Being that throw pillows can be so costly (I paid $25 just for the fuzzy ivory white one) I just went to Hobby Lobby and bought these covers for my old throw pillows. They have a zipper opening on the back and you just stuff the old throw pillow in them, zip them up and Wa-La, done!

Even better part is that I only paid $3.99 for the chocolate one and $4.99 for the green one

cybcm
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Nah. I'm not a decorative pillow person.
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM

They take up too much space.

Vertical15
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I'm glad you had such a good experience.  We have a decent team of day, evening and night housekeepers.  Though with a mostly female team things can get catty and people are rude sometimes.  What can you do?  I just try to do my job and move along.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Oh lol well who can blame you! That could just put you over the edge to total pillow burn out tee hee. 

For a short time when I was about 16 I was a regular housekeeper at a nice all full suites resort in Traverse City Michigan. : ) I really liked the ladies I worked with they were so sweet and kind to me. : ) 

Quoting Vertical15:

I personally don't like them.  I am a turndown housekeeper.  One of my duties is removing decorative pillows from 25-40 rooms a night.  I don't want to do it when I get home LoL

virginiamama71
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:03 PM

this is a beautiful quilt

Quoting SweetLuci:

This is what I have on the bed right now.Two sets of pillows, didn't have shams to match this. It's a quilt that my aunt and cousins made for me when I got married. The material for the pieced squares is from leftover fabric from dresses that were made for my grandmother, mother and her two sisters. It's all hand stitched and embroidered.

virginiamama71
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I don't have any decorative pillows.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Yes Especially when I was a lot younger I found it a lot easier to be friends with guys than most girls because of the catty and jealousy issues they get and drama .. I hate drama and cattiness... I think one reason I didn't have that issue with the housekeeping team I had worked with back then even though I was only about 16 or so was because I was so young and they were all moms or even grandma's and they knew I was a homeless teen living in a tent but working hard and I was sweet and respectful to them as well and did what I was told so they seemed to be sweet and caring and even nurturing toward me.. if guests were already checked out and had left food and beverages in their kitchen fridges or whatever we were allowed to keep edibles if we wanted to and were suppose to divide it up evenly which if there was a lot sometimes we did.. but many other times the other ladies were so concerned and compassionate about me living in a tent in the state forest because I couldnt afford to move into an apt they would give me the food which I GREATLY appreciated bc there were lots of times I had to go without food. Bless their hearts : ) 

Quoting Vertical15:

I'm glad you had such a good experience.  We have a decent team of day, evening and night housekeepers.  Though with a mostly female team things can get catty and people are rude sometimes.  What can you do?  I just try to do my job and move along.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Oh lol well who can blame you! That could just put you over the edge to total pillow burn out tee hee. 

For a short time when I was about 16 I was a regular housekeeper at a nice all full suites resort in Traverse City Michigan. : ) I really liked the ladies I worked with they were so sweet and kind to me. : ) 

Quoting Vertical15:

I personally don't like them.  I am a turndown housekeeper.  One of my duties is removing decorative pillows from 25-40 rooms a night.  I don't want to do it when I get home LoL

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Our room is so plain, just the basics do for sleep, and a pile of fabric that won't fit in my "sewing room".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)