Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Do you have an eat-in kitchen?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:02 AM
  • 31 Replies

Table & chairs or counter and stools?

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Whereismymind
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Table and chairs
StreetsAhead
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM
We have 3 stools hidden under the island but also have a big table with chairs
JoeliePoelieMom
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Yes, we have an eat in kitchen. It's a small breakfast nook with a table and 4 chairs. We also have a separate dining room with seating for 8, since there are 7 of us when my stepkids are here.
wandep
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM

No :(

Larsbug
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM

nope, too small

cybcm
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Technically no, the dining room and kitchen are one room but the kitchen is sunken, two steps down from the dining.
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Currently no.. it's just Todd and I and we purposely have a 495 sq ft apt w/ tiny kitchen and no dining room. We eat sitting on the living room couch now. 

Before we lived here and were still living in the house we raised our 5 kids in, we had a large kitchen but and it had a breakfast bar to sit at on one wall but no one really used it most of the time... we also had a nice size dining room and we ate in there at the table with chairs

Before that I also had a house with a medium size kitchen and a nice size dining room we ate in at table and chairs. 

Before that I  had large townhouse we rented and it had a very big kitchen with our dining table and chairs in the kitchen 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Vertical15
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM

We do.  We have an island with four stools and two extra stools (there are five of us) and an old fashioned high chair the kids like to sit in at the table, too.  Its bar height.

dingysfamily
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

No eat-in kitchen.  Our dining room is separated from the kitchen by a bar, but there are no stools there b/c there really isn't enough space to put them - not enough overhang.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I had a similar arrangement like this in my previous home, but with no overhang at all. I always wished there was an overhang so I could put stools there for quick meals and snacks for the kids.

Quoting dingysfamily:

No eat-in kitchen.  Our dining room is separated from the kitchen by a bar, but there are no stools there b/c there really isn't enough space to put them - not enough overhang.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN