Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Fill’r Up! 7 Super-Adorable Toy Chests

Posted by   + Show Post

http://redtri.com/adorable-toy-chests/?jsfuid=102323&utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NATL%3A%203%2F21%2F14%3A%207%20Super-Adorable%20Toy%20Chests%20%7C%20Classic%20Grilled%20Cheese%20Reinvented%20%7C%20The%20New%20Way%20to%20Live%20Chat%20With%20Parenting%20Experts-A

There’s only one thing better than a kid that likes to put away her toys. That’s a kid who likes to put her toys away neatly (versus stuffing them under the bed or in the closet). These bins and boxes will make the task of cleaning room a little easier…and a lot cuter.

How do you contain all of your kid’s toys?

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Replies (31-32):
Vertical15
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:14 PM

We have different areas organized like for for things like crafts and games but they also have a play area thats just bins of stuff.  I personally like it organized but it doesn't stay that way after I've cleaned it.

Quoting JoeliePoelieMom:

I'm very anal about kids' play spaces.  I firmly believe that children play better and more creatively when their play spaces are organized. 

My kids have Closet Maid cubbie shelves in their bedrooms.  Toys are organized into those plastic shoebox size containers with lids.  The front of each container has a label with a photo of the contents, as well as text describing what belongs in there.  I use a few fabric bins for toys that do not fit in the containers.  There's one for dress up clothes, and another for Toy Story toys.  Those have clip on labels.  Large toys are stored on shelves by themselves.  EVERYTHING is sorted and organized by type of toy. 

Our playroom is organized the same way. 

I have three cubby storage benches in both my daughter's room and the playroom.  Those hold books.  My son has three big ledges running along a wall that hold books so that the covers are facing out.

Bedrooms are cleaned every single night before bed, as is the playroom.  No exceptions.  Because everything has a place, clean up is really quick. 

I'm not super organized in every area, but messy play spaces give me the heebie jeebies, lol. 

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't buy toys either, most came as gifts (birthday, Christmas, etc). I buy my kids books. Life is so much better, without all those toys.

Quoting Vertical15:

We have downsized greatly over the last two years.  The toys were taking over.  We stopped buying them toys ourselves and only try to buy them experiences.  I think its helped in many ways.  They have TONS of legos and other stuff still though.

Quoting hillmom: Room cleaning has been a huge problem here. All my kids have now is a tub of blocks, tub of Lincoln logs and a tub of toy cars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)