Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Do you have matching bedroom furniture?

Posted by   + Show Post

I keep dreaming of a matching bedroom set, lol. We have a mixture of stuff and nothing really matches.

Do you have matching bedroom furniture?

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
bellydancer1984
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:02 AM

it isn't a set but it is all wood and matches the color of the wood floor....it doesn't clash or anything and doesn't look bad together. 

DACIA79
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Yes everything must match.

Shelly126
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM
We bought a beautiful bedroom set when we first got married, I have since gotten rid of the bed because I hated it after we bought it. It was pretty but it had a platform bottom which made it very difficult to clean under, especially with an area rug half under the bed!
So I have the nightstands and the dressers but I now have a beautiful upholstered headboard instead.
I've also changed the drawer pulls, I had dark brown ones (same color as the wood) with a brushed bronze colored insert, now I have clear, cut glass looking ones that are much prettier.
newwifenmom
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Nope lol
dingysfamily
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I love that quilt, but it's several years old now & has quite a number of holes in it.  I just ordered a new quilt set from Amazon yesterday and this one will be used in the guest room now.  Here's the new one I'm getting, I'm so excited!!!

Our bedroom carpet is burgundy & we can't afford to recapet right now, so I have to get something to go with that.

Quoting virginiamama71:

beautiful quilt

Quoting dingysfamily:

Yes, I have my parents bedroom set:

The top is my dresser & the bottom shows my husband's dresser.  We aren't using the headboard that goes with the set though because we had a waterbed when we inherited the furniture from my dad & we just put the bed in the guest room.  When we decided to get rid of the waterbed, we kept the 'bed' part & bought a queen size mattress/bed spring (or whatever the other part is!) and put inside; but dh had to jerry-rig the bed frame to fit a bit since it was a bit to long for the new mattress.

virginiamama71
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I love this one too and it will look great with the burgundy carpet.

Quoting dingysfamily:

I love that quilt, but it's several years old now & has quite a number of holes in it.  I just ordered a new quilt set from Amazon yesterday and this one will be used in the guest room now.  Here's the new one I'm getting, I'm so excited!!!

Our bedroom carpet is burgundy & we can't afford to recapet right now, so I have to get something to go with that.

Quoting virginiamama71:

beautiful quilt

Quoting dingysfamily:

Yes, I have my parents bedroom set:

The top is my dresser & the bottom shows my husband's dresser.  We aren't using the headboard that goes with the set though because we had a waterbed when we inherited the furniture from my dad & we just put the bed in the guest room.  When we decided to get rid of the waterbed, we kept the 'bed' part & bought a queen size mattress/bed spring (or whatever the other part is!) and put inside; but dh had to jerry-rig the bed frame to fit a bit since it was a bit to long for the new mattress.

ShutUpImTalking
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:55 PM

No. Everything in my house is an antique and it is really hard to find matching room sets that are in good condition. As long as everything is at least the same color/coordinating colors, then that's all that matters to me, LOL.

cybcm
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:38 AM

Nah, big mixture. Nothing in our house matches, which is kind of how we like it.

theresaphilly
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Yes, I do, had it now for seven years.

mystified1958
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Yes,  it's 31 years old and I have taken very good care of it,  so still looks great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN