Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Homework space

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

Where do your kids do their homework?

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cafay
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:08 PM

At the kitchen table. I'd like to get him a small desk,but room is short, and I don't know where I'd put it. But he is only in the 2nd grade,so the table works for now.

Whereismymind
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:07 PM

At the kitchen table,when they are older I will get them a desk for their rooms.

melaniecerise
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:09 PM

they have a kids sized table that was made for them by my fil with chairs and everything

JoeliePoelieMom
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Mobile Photo

No where yet. My oldest starts kindergarten this year. We bought him this desk, but I imagine he'll also do his homework on the kitchen table. It all depends on whether he can do it independently or not. I do believe children should do their homework independently as much as possible.
Larsbug
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:34 PM

neither of my kids have started school where they have had homework...we will probably just do it at the dining room table together since he's going in kindergarten this year and we were told to expect about 20 minutes per subject.

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:55 PM
At the dining room table. That is where we might do all school this year.
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Well I homeschooled more years than not and they worked at the dining room table if doing paper work and sat on the couch if reading.. sat at computer desk if doing computer work... 

Later when they went to public school they did some types of homework still at dining room table or on couch or at computer desk but as they got older tweens/teens they did most of it in their own bedrooms. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

wandep
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Dining room table.

wandep
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I love this.

Quoting JoeliePoelieMom:

Mobile Photo

No where yet. My oldest starts kindergarten this year. We bought him this desk, but I imagine he'll also do his homework on the kitchen table. It all depends on whether he can do it independently or not. I do believe children should do their homework independently as much as possible.

cybcm
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Wherever they want to. Bedrooms, lounge room floor, pile of beanbags in the sunroom, under the dining table.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN