Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Update me!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

July has not slowed down for me, and it is almost over. What a crazy crazy month. Onve again I've been MIA, here is why...

So Wednesday night I find out that my youngest (will be 2 next week), has staph in two places. One on her wrist (right) and on her knee (left). They started out as bug bites, but she had scratched the top off them. 

So at 3:30 am or so I mixed up a bled of essential oils that research (some of that research that had been done in a lab with MRSA) said was better than any antibiotics currently available (lemongrass, lavender, melaleuca/tea tree and frankincense) and applied it to the spots (some oregano on her feet). I have been doing the blend every 3-4 hours since. This is what it looked like on Thursday morning (WAY better than Wednesday night) about 30 min after the second application. 

I'm sure we have the infection kicked, but healing the tissue damage is taking longer. Man that is nasty stuff. Here is what they look like this morning. They actually look better this evening with another full day of treatment. 

Then to add to that, I got a wonderful splash of boiling water on Thursday (I talked about it here today too). My belly and right arm got the worst of it, but I got my left arm too. Here is how it looked about an hour and a half after I did it (sorry it is upside down). 

Immediately after it happened, I applied lavender and frankincense straight on all the burn sites. Then I mixed some raw aloe juice with lavender and frankincense. That I sprayed on every 15 minutes for the next 3-4 hours. Then I started applying an all natural lotion I got from the farmer's market ever couple hours (and still am). It has aloe, avocado oil, lemon, Melissa, geranium and frankincense essential oils. I don't have a good recient photo, I'll add one tomarrow. The hot is gone, and the pain is gone for the most part. It is going to take some time to heal the damage from the hot, hot water. 

We also went camping again this weekend. Here is me at 28 weeks (wow tri #3, how did that happen). Feeling great, except for getting burt and my workouts seem to be helping a ton. I LOVE the one that focuses on the lower body, I feel SO awesome after those stretches. 

So enough about me! Update me on all you have been up to while my life has been going crazy! 

DD1 May 2007*DS Feb 2010*DD2 Aug 2012*Surprise Oct/Nov 2014

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:51 AM

feel better

View Full Size Image YVONNE

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! We are definitely doing better, just busy treating us both around the clock.

Quoting earthangel1967:

feel better

wandep
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Hope DD feels better soon. :( We've just been hanging out at home. We did make it to the beach with my family for about 4 days. Getting ready to start back to school shopping this weekend with the no sales tax starting on Friday. 

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:12 PM

She is doing awesome. I'm so pleased with how it is healing (especially after reading staph horror stories). 

Yay for beach time. Not so excited about back to school shopping, but that is great you get some tax freed days to do it. 

Quoting wandep:

Hope DD feels better soon. :( We've just been hanging out at home. We did make it to the beach with my family for about 4 days. Getting ready to start back to school shopping this weekend with the no sales tax starting on Friday. 

virginiamama71
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting earthangel1967:

feel better

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:59 PM

I'll have to have my sil come by and show her this post; she is selling Simply Aroma essential oils & swears by them.  I haven't bought any yet, they are just so dang expensive for such a tiny amount.  I may end up breaking down though & trying one or two, especially the lavendar.  Glad it worked so well for you and will be looking to see the results of the burn you took.

Whereismymind
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope you both feel better soon!
hillmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I don't know anything about that brand, we use DoTerra now and I absolutely love them. They are spendy, I think the frankincense I buy whole sale is $65-70.00 for a 15 ml bottle (lavender about $20.00)but they are so worth every penny!

Quoting dingysfamily:

I'll have to have my sil come by and show her this post; she is selling Simply Aroma essential oils & swears by them.  I haven't bought any yet, they are just so dang expensive for such a tiny amount.  I may end up breaking down though & trying one or two, especially the lavendar.  Glad it worked so well for you and will be looking to see the results of the burn you took.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)