Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Babysitting for relatives

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM
  • 12 Replies
I'm babysitting my 10 month old second cousin today. My 16 month old isn't around a lot of babies so I'm excited to see how he does :)

Do you help out family if they are in a bind or do you have enough children to handle ;) lol
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:28 PM

I did babysit my nieces fairly often when they and my kids were little.  It was fun for them all.

Whereismymind
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My son had a lot of fun with his cousin :) they are about 8 months apart

Quoting amonkeymom:

I did babysit my nieces fairly often when they and my kids were little.  It was fun for them all.

Jezzi86
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:51 PM
I have been babysitting for family since 15, I basically raised my nephew for the first two years of his life, but his parents were financially responsible for him cause I was only 15 when he was born.
I am the one people call always for the past 13 years. It's gotten to the point where I'm putting a stop to it because I babysit for my best friend 5 days a week. She has two kids and raises her niece and nephew as well so I have been trying to help her out for two years. So I have eight to nine kids five days a week and when family wants me to take theirs so they can go have fun I take them because I love them and enjoy spending time with them.
But year after year after year being the person they call for a babysitter so they can go have fun I never get invited and none of them watch my five kids EVER for any reason.

So after years I'm refusing to babysit for others (other than my best friends kids) but I think even with all the stress of always having so many kids and NEVER having a break from them, I'm punishing myself because I'm starting to miss the nieces/nephews etc.

Lol sorry I had to vent a little in my answer!
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I will help if someone needs me to. If it were an everyday thing though, I'd have to be paid.

StreetsAhead
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Yes,
Especially at the moment as I'm on mat leave and it is summer holidays

If I can I will
cafay
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 6:36 PM

I used to when they were little and needed babysitters. These days, I get them to babysit mine,lol!

theresaphilly
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:32 PM

All SIL and I baby sit all the time. I watched their children two weeks ago for 11 days while she and her husband went to Rome for a personal vacation and they will be watching our children for a week when my husband and I go on vacation in two weeks. We babysit for each others family throughout the year. 

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:56 PM
We are the ones with littles and everyone lives to far away. Good luck!
Shelly126
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:41 PM
I babysit often for my nephew. He is 6 months older than my boys so it works out nicely.
SpiritedWitch
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I do not babysit. They do not ask me b/c they know I don't have the patience and I am not fond of children, especially our relatives kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN