Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Goals this week

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM
  • 6 Replies
Monday: Kitchen - pull everything out of the cupboards, get rid of what we don't use and put back what we do. The food sections need lots of organization work. If I have time that day, I'll tackle the food storage portion of the mud room.

Tuesday : Filing - I have loads and loads of bills and statements that are hanging out in piles and not filed away properly. This is one of out biggest clutter issues. During this time I will also completely go through out computer area (located in the kitchen). Again the goal I'd for everything to have a home and the extra to go!

Wednesday : Shampoo Carpets - this could involve some rearranging of the living room space. Though it is such a funky shape that might not happen as it is hard to find places for stuff to fit.

Thursday : Bathroom and My Bedroom - go through closets and cupboards organizing and tossing (I did the kids room earlier, but it can be done again this day too).

Friday : Sewing Room - OK this is really just a sectioned off pice of the living room, but everyone can see it. I also can't find anything as it is a huge number organized mess. (possibly go to the pool too, for my youngest's daughter's birthday)

Saturday : Relax and get ready for youngest's birthday party.

That is A LOT and I probably won't reach those goals, but that is my gold standard. Getting all that done would leave us with the mud room/laundry room and basement/cellar to be gone through. My little brother will be here for the week, to chase kids for me. I'm 29 Weeks today, and hope I have the energy to push through!
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mumsy2three
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM

You've got a packed schedule!

This week we are busy working on moving bedrooms around. Our oldest moved out a couple of months ago. My hubby and I moved into her room so that our boys can each have their own rooms.

FrankMamma
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM

You have a lot on your schedule! I hope you get as much done as you want to. Your brother helping with kids will definitely free you up.

As for me--I'm having a rough few days with my aches and pains so I'm so far behind already there's no way I can catch up. Anything I get done the next few days I do and what I don't I don't. I'm just kind of meh about it all at this point.

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:29 AM
I bet they love the idea of their own rooms!

Yes, we do have a packed week. It got even more busy, since we were notified that they want us out of this rental by the end of August, with no explanation. My guess, they want to get more rent out of the property!

Quoting mumsy2three:

This week we are busy working on moving bedrooms around. Our oldest moved out a couple of months ago. My hubby and I moved into her room so that our boys can each have their own rooms.

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I'm so glad he is here. It makes getting big stuff like this done, so much more manageable!

Sorry you are hurting. Sounds like a good plan, do what you can and don't worry about what you can't.

Quoting FrankMamma:

You have a lot on your schedule! I hope you get as much done as you want to. Your brother helping with kids will definitely free you up.

As for me--I'm having a rough few days with my aches and pains so I'm so far behind already there's no way I can catch up. Anything I get done the next few days I do and what I don't I don't. I'm just kind of meh about it all at this point.

mumsy2three
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM

They are excited about having their own rooms. My 9 y/o is having a little bit of a tough time with it at bedtime. He's always slept in the same room as his older brother. I know it will get easier as time goes.

Have you found another place to live? That really stinks that they did that to you.

Quoting hillmom: I bet they love the idea of their own rooms! Yes, we do have a packed week. It got even more busy, since we were notified that they want us out of this rental by the end of August, with no explanation. My guess, they want to get more rent out of the property!
Quoting mumsy2three:

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I'm sure it will definitely take some time to ajust!

We have no idea where we are moving yet, and that is a huge stressor, on top of being 29 weeks pregnant. If necessary hubby can move in with a friend, and I can stay with my folk (3 hours away) until we can get something found.

Quoting mumsy2three:

They are excited about having their own rooms. My 9 y/o is having a little bit of a tough time with it at bedtime. He's always slept in the same room as his older brother. I know it will get easier as time goes.

Have you found another place to live? That really stinks that they did that to you.

Quoting hillmom: I bet they love the idea of their own rooms!

Yes, we do have a packed week. It got even more busy, since we were notified that they want us out of this rental by the end of August, with no explanation. My guess, they want to get more rent out of the property!

Quoting mumsy2three:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)