Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

We've been busy. New pics!

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Most probably don't remember but I've been redoing my floors and choosing paint and well......just working on the house. Lol.
I am so excited at the progress we've made. I don't want to share on Facebook til it's done but I figure you all would understand the process. I haven't made much progress with painting. Just primer on all but one wall. We are going with a green though.
So.....what do you think of our floors so far?
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hillmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:31 AM
That is looking great!
cntrdmom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Thank you. I'm really hoping we'll be finished today. The closets are going to require a lot of cuts though.
I knew tile was a lot of work but I didn't quite understand until this job. Lol.

Quoting hillmom: That is looking great!
hillmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM
I hope you can meet your goal! I have never put down tile, but it looks great. I'm sure is totally worth the work.

Quoting cntrdmom: Thank you. I'm really hoping we'll be finished today. The closets are going to require a lot of cuts though.
I knew tile was a lot of work but I didn't quite understand until this job. Lol.

Quoting hillmom: That is looking great!
JoeliePoelieMom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Pretty! Is that tile?
cntrdmom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Yeah. Actually it is. With kids and pets I really thought this would be best but I still get the wood look. All together about 700sqft.

Quoting JoeliePoelieMom: Pretty! Is that tile?
JoeliePoelieMom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Love it! My sister is about to put in the wood look tile in her house.

We didn't do real wood in our house either, but we went with Cortec instead of tile. Looks like wood, but none of the worries. Real wood is hard with kids and pets.

Quoting cntrdmom: Yeah. Actually it is. With kids and pets I really thought this would be best but I still get the wood look. All together about 700sqft.

cntrdmom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Oh awesome. We do plan on this being a rental one day so that's why we went with something so long term.
Is your sister doing it herself?

Quoting JoeliePoelieMom: Love it! My sister is about to put in the wood look tile in her house.

We didn't do real wood in our house either, but we went with Cortec instead of tile. Looks like wood, but none of the worries. Real wood is hard with kids and pets.
Quoting cntrdmom: Yeah. Actually it is. With kids and pets I really thought this would be best but I still get the wood look. All together about 700sqft.
JoeliePoelieMom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM
No. They thought about it, but it's too much for them right now. They're expecting their first and her DH works a lot.

Quoting cntrdmom: Oh awesome. We do plan on this being a rental one day so that's why we went with something so long term.

Quoting JoeliePoelieMom: Love it! My sister is about to put in the wood look tile in her house.

cntrdmom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Yeah I was gonna say clear the schedule. We've been at this whole process almost a month. I took two weeks vacation and dh isn't working right now. My poor kiddos are getting sick of this. Lol. We've barely had hell with them too. They're 2, 3, and 7. We have done everything starting with ripping out the carpet.

Quoting JoeliePoelieMom: No. They thought about it, but it's too much for them right now. They're expecting their first and her DH works a lot.

Quoting cntrdmom: Oh awesome. We do plan on this being a rental one day so that's why we went with something so long term.

dingysfamily
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:31 PM

That is very nice, I like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN