Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Any gardeners in here? - PICS added! p 1

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM
  • 5 Replies

Do you have a garden? Out front, back, side or ?

Do you grow your own veggies?

Perrenials or annuals?

Do you have a specific time/day when you do gardening?

What's your favourite plant/part of your garden?

Feel free to share pics! I will once I get home, can't do it at work, (or see yours, darn!)

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jewels.unicorn
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I have my big garden out front. My hubby's "baby" magnolia tree is the centre piece and I had huge rose bushes but this past winter was pretty harsh and took out the biggest rosebush :( I have a smaller garden out back but I don't get out there often to look after it, it's mostly Morning glories all over the whole backyard, lol.

We have a single, but big raspberry bush - the birds get the berries before we have since we got it 2 yrs ago.

Mostly perrenials now, a few annuals keep popping back up once in awhile and I have yet to figure out how they do that, skip a year and then pop up one flower, lol.

I aim to water the garden in the mornings before I leave for work, but usually it's a few mins after work that I spend in it, weeding and watering.

Favourite plant this year is the silver mound. I will add a pic when I get home. The thing was in a small pot when we got it and it's grown huge! It's taking over a good chunk of the garden now, it's crazy huge! If anyone knows how to separate one of these so I can spread it out, I'd be happy to hear it!

cybcm
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:42 AM

We mostly just grow food. We have quite a number of things growing; strawberries, mandarines, lemons, limes, nectarines, tomatoes, pumpkin, zucchini, eggplant, capsicum, carrot, potatoes, beetroot and a variety of herbs.

No time of day, we just go out and do what needs to be done when ti needs to be done.

Ecookson
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Our plants are in pots in the front. We have zinnias, impatiens and forget-me-nots.
StreetsAhead
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM
We have a garden the first one I have ever had.
We both don't garden we pay someone to do it. We have veg and herbs as well as flowers.
jewels.unicorn
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is that silver mound. It was only a few inches across when we put it in less than two months ago!! The thing got huge!!

If you can see the little thing of hens and chicks with the rocks around it (front center of second pic) that's the same size the silver mound was when it started out.

The poor thistle didn't like moving, but new growth is coming up at the bottom!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN