Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you get any work done around your house this weekend?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:04 PM
  • 22 Replies

I've been cleaning, doing laundry and made a new recipe (tortellini soup).  

What did you do this weekend?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Depends on what you mean by 'work'??? We managed to cook dinner today and clean up from it.  We - dd & I - changed the sheets on dh & my bed and put our new quilt set on ... I love, love, love it!  The old one will be washed & put on the guest room bed (which needs a new matteress before youngest son & family come to visit in April).

Also dh has done a little laundry today & I will fold & put away, but other than that, no work today.  Just being lazy.  Even skipped church since neither of us slept well & dd isn't feeling really well.

Yesterday, dh mowed the lawn while dd & I did a little shopping and then picked up pizza for dinner ... easy clean up there. 

ShutUpImTalking
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:35 PM

We got our entryway room floor completely refinished, and it looks GORGEOUS! Of course I also got lots of cleaning and laundry done...but I do that stuff every day, LOL.

StreetsAhead
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:16 AM
No just did nothing we got back from holiday on the Saturday and the rest of weekend was just relaxing back to reality today
hillmom
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:20 AM
We are packing for a move. Saturday was the birthday party for my youngest, but I had to do some cleaning that morning (getting boxes out of the middle of the floor, scrub the bathroom, etc. Sunday I went through clothes.
mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:48 AM

did some gardening,bathed and deflead my dogs. Laundry I do daily also visited with friends and a cold beer.

somuchlove4U
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I started cleaning. I have a pile of clean clothes that need to be put away. I need to catch up on the dishes.
jewels.unicorn
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I managed to pull down half a small wall in the stairwell - lathe & plaster on Saturday. Then dh needed to go out to get some things, so I went with him and the wall sits there still, waiting to be finished. :(

But I did find an amazing yard sale score - Barbie Dreamhouse for my dd! She's been bugging for one for years now and I didn't want to spend the big bucks on it. This one came with furniture and a couple Barbies too! Yay!
Now to clean her room and set it up before she comes home from camp next weekend!

SpiritFortress
Yesterday at 10:21 PM
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I got some laundry and cleaning done on Sunday. 

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM

That's SO pretty.  It goes well with everything else in your room.

Quoting dingysfamily:

Depends on what you mean by 'work'??? We managed to cook dinner today and clean up from it.  We - dd & I - changed the sheets on dh & my bed and put our new quilt set on ... I love, love, love it!  The old one will be washed & put on the guest room bed (which needs a new matteress before youngest son & family come to visit in April).

Also dh has done a little laundry today & I will fold & put away, but other than that, no work today.  Just being lazy.  Even skipped church since neither of us slept well & dd isn't feeling really well.

Yesterday, dh mowed the lawn while dd & I did a little shopping and then picked up pizza for dinner ... easy clean up there. 

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Pictures???  I want to see how pretty it is!

Quoting ShutUpImTalking:

We got our entryway room floor completely refinished, and it looks GORGEOUS! Of course I also got lots of cleaning and laundry done...but I do that stuff every day, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN