Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Did you get any work done around your house this weekend?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:04 PM
  • 22 Replies

I've been cleaning, doing laundry and made a new recipe (tortellini soup).  

What did you do this weekend?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Depends on what you mean by 'work'??? We managed to cook dinner today and clean up from it.  We - dd & I - changed the sheets on dh & my bed and put our new quilt set on ... I love, love, love it!  The old one will be washed & put on the guest room bed (which needs a new matteress before youngest son & family come to visit in April).

Also dh has done a little laundry today & I will fold & put away, but other than that, no work today.  Just being lazy.  Even skipped church since neither of us slept well & dd isn't feeling really well.

Yesterday, dh mowed the lawn while dd & I did a little shopping and then picked up pizza for dinner ... easy clean up there. 

ShutUpImTalking
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:35 PM

We got our entryway room floor completely refinished, and it looks GORGEOUS! Of course I also got lots of cleaning and laundry done...but I do that stuff every day, LOL.

StreetsAhead
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:16 AM
No just did nothing we got back from holiday on the Saturday and the rest of weekend was just relaxing back to reality today
hillmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:20 AM
We are packing for a move. Saturday was the birthday party for my youngest, but I had to do some cleaning that morning (getting boxes out of the middle of the floor, scrub the bathroom, etc. Sunday I went through clothes.
mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:48 AM

did some gardening,bathed and deflead my dogs. Laundry I do daily also visited with friends and a cold beer.

somuchlove4U
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I started cleaning. I have a pile of clean clothes that need to be put away. I need to catch up on the dishes.
jewels.unicorn
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I managed to pull down half a small wall in the stairwell - lathe & plaster on Saturday. Then dh needed to go out to get some things, so I went with him and the wall sits there still, waiting to be finished. :(

But I did find an amazing yard sale score - Barbie Dreamhouse for my dd! She's been bugging for one for years now and I didn't want to spend the big bucks on it. This one came with furniture and a couple Barbies too! Yay!
Now to clean her room and set it up before she comes home from camp next weekend!

SpiritFortress
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I got some laundry and cleaning done on Sunday. 

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM

That's SO pretty.  It goes well with everything else in your room.

Quoting dingysfamily:

Depends on what you mean by 'work'??? We managed to cook dinner today and clean up from it.  We - dd & I - changed the sheets on dh & my bed and put our new quilt set on ... I love, love, love it!  The old one will be washed & put on the guest room bed (which needs a new matteress before youngest son & family come to visit in April).

Also dh has done a little laundry today & I will fold & put away, but other than that, no work today.  Just being lazy.  Even skipped church since neither of us slept well & dd isn't feeling really well.

Yesterday, dh mowed the lawn while dd & I did a little shopping and then picked up pizza for dinner ... easy clean up there. 

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Pictures???  I want to see how pretty it is!

Quoting ShutUpImTalking:

We got our entryway room floor completely refinished, and it looks GORGEOUS! Of course I also got lots of cleaning and laundry done...but I do that stuff every day, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN