Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Where is your laundry room?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM
  • 30 Replies

I'd LOVE to have a main floor laundry, or even have it upstairs near the bedrooms.  But, alas, it's located in the farthest corner of the basement so we have to drag everything down 2 flights of stairs and then up again to put it away.

Where is your laundry room?  Do you wish it was in a different location?

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeachQuean
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM
At my front.door, but under my.stairs. Lol

I live in a semi detached 3 level house. With.my laundry room and entrance on bottom floor. (If that makes sense. Lol

I'm cool.where mine is. For now.
PeachQuean
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh I don't drag mine downstairs often. Df does that for me, if I do.he complains it's his job to carry stuff not mine....he's weird lol
StreetsAhead
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM
We have a utility room which is off the kitchen - the old scullery
jewels.unicorn
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Mine started out in the furnace room - which was horrid, damp floor and everything. Then we moved it to just on the other side of the wall so it was right at the bottom of the stairs, which was ok, but still in the basement.

But 3 years ago, b/c the house we have was a triplex, there is kitchen hookups right outside the bedrooms on the 2nd floor... dh and I finally carried the washer & dryer upstairs and there is laundry right outside my bedroom!

Now the room itself isn't done, walls still need to be finished, we hadn't done much after ripping down all the kitchen cupboards that were there - we gave them to a friend, so the walls are bare (as in, we ripped the ugly tile off them and made holes in the drywall to run some wires) and it was easy to hook it all up. But there's still much work to be done.

I'm still waiting for cupboards, a hanging rod for wet clothes and a counter to fold on, but you know, it's only been 3 yrs since the machines moved up... there's still time before I turn old & grey... ugh, lol. The other half of the room, b/c it was a huge kitchen, is going to be my sewing area and bedding storage. You know, when and if it ever gets completed...

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM

In a small room next to the kitchen.

JoeliePoelieMom
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Right off the kitchen. We only have one floor and no basement.
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:52 PM

It's going to be beautiful and so easy to utilize everything when it's done!

Quoting jewels.unicorn:

Mine started out in the furnace room - which was horrid, damp floor and everything. Then we moved it to just on the other side of the wall so it was right at the bottom of the stairs, which was ok, but still in the basement.

But 3 years ago, b/c the house we have was a triplex, there is kitchen hookups right outside the bedrooms on the 2nd floor... dh and I finally carried the washer & dryer upstairs and there is laundry right outside my bedroom!

Now the room itself isn't done, walls still need to be finished, we hadn't done much after ripping down all the kitchen cupboards that were there - we gave them to a friend, so the walls are bare (as in, we ripped the ugly tile off them and made holes in the drywall to run some wires) and it was easy to hook it all up. But there's still much work to be done.

I'm still waiting for cupboards, a hanging rod for wet clothes and a counter to fold on, but you know, it's only been 3 yrs since the machines moved up... there's still time before I turn old & grey... ugh, lol. The other half of the room, b/c it was a huge kitchen, is going to be my sewing area and bedding storage. You know, when and if it ever gets completed...

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Aug. 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM

In the basement; half the basement is a laundry/storage room, just as we planned it when we built the house.  It worked great then, and dh still likes it down there, but I would prefer it up on the main level now.  Because of my bad knees & back I can't carry laundry up/down the stairs anymore, so he has to do that & he does the laundry - not that I really mind that so much & I fold it & put it away when he brings it back upstairs - but I would really like to have a laundry room, even just a small one, up here  now.

mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Actually my kitchen. I live in a very old 2 story house thst doesn't hsve a basement or garage either,. In a way it's good because I do laundry dailey so it doesn't have a chance to build up

ShutUpImTalking
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:11 PM

First floor, right off of the kitchen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)