Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

When do you decorate?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:08 PM
  • 26 Replies

...for Fall?  I usually do mid-late September, but I'm chomping at the bit!  I want to decorate now!  LOL

So when do you?

by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StreetsAhead
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Decorate? for what? I'm confused

purplemom3777
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I'm sad to see summer go, but I like the fall too & especially Halloween. I usually will put out fall decorations first week or so of September & Halloween shortly after. If you don't put Halloween out early, it's come & gone before you have a chance to enjoy it.

Twilight girl

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM
In the post - first two words - it says "for Fall"....I was asking when people decorate for Fall...

Quoting StreetsAhead:

Decorate? for what? I'm confused

Sister_Someone
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:08 PM

...decorate for fall? That's a thing? I honestly had no clue. Chalk it up to the fact that fall is not all that different from summer in SoCal, but I can't say I've ever changed any of my decorations just because it's fall.

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Really?! Wow. I'm in the midwest & don't know anyone who doesn't decorate for Fall :)

I completely change out my living room, hallway, centerpiece on kitchen table as well as kitchen shelves & front porch. Sometimes I switch out towels as well.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

...decorate for fall? That's a thing? I honestly had no clue. Chalk it up to the fact that fall is not all that different from summer in SoCal, but I can't say I've ever changed any of my decorations just because it's fall.

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM
I didn't decorate last year, we were packing to move (we moved October 1st) this year I don't know when/if we will. I love decorating but my husband doesn't like them lol
JIJsMom
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:23 PM
I decorate for Halloween, about a week prior, and take it down a week after..otherwise, I don't decorate for Autumn.
Sister_Someone
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I don't even have time for all that, or spend enough time in my house for it to make any real difference. We may throw up some specific holiday-themed decorations, if anyone has the time or the interest in that, but generally we don't mess with the decorations. I don't think it would have much of a point here, anyway. It's kind of not really important what time of the year it is when it's 75 and sunny on New Year's Eve,

Quoting the3Rs: Really?! Wow. I'm in the midwest & don't know anyone who doesn't decorate for Fall :) I completely change out my living room, hallway, centerpiece on kitchen table as well as kitchen shelves & front porch. Sometimes I switch out towels as well.
Quoting Sister_Someone:

Jade_Lynn
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel you op... I am soooo ready to get pinecones.on something!!
ZombieChicken
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I tend to switch things up in the fall and spring. Its usually curtains, pillows and candles. Nothing fancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN