Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Do you collect anything?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM
  • 20 Replies

Do you display any collections of anything in your home?

by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StreetsAhead
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:43 AM
I collect hat pins, some are on display some are not
jewels.unicorn
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Salt & pepper shakers are on display on the plate rail in our dining room. We have some pretty neat ones up there.

Oh, and dh's marble collection in gumball machines, numerous gumball machines filled with marbles around in the den/library (do books count? there's tons of them & they are on shelves, lol).

Those are the only collections that are really on display for everyone to see. We have other collections but they are in our rooms as they are more personal.

dingysfamily
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 4:39 AM

I have a huge collection of teapots/teacups and a big collection of angels; both I've been collecting for many years.  They are displayed throughout my house.  In fact my china cabinet is so full of the teapots/teacups that I'm afraid to clean it out; I used to do that at least 2x a  year, but now I'm afraid I'll never get them all back in!!!  I can't even display my good china (it was my mother's) b/c there is no room, I have to store it in the bottom.  I really need to get a large curio cabinet.  I also have a collection of crosses, but it isn't nearly as large as the other 2 collections.  This first pic is my china cabinet, you can see how full it is with teapots & teacups & then I have some small angels on the little shelves on either side.

That is the entertainment center in our living room.  I have teapots, a couple of teacups & quite a number of angels displayes on here.  I also have them on my desk and fireplace mantel which are the other walls the living room.   This pic of the desk & fireplace mantel is an old one; some of the things on it have changed.  There are quite a few more pictures on them both now as well as some more angels.  I've had to be very creative in arranging things so that it doesn't look too cluttered.

This is the entertainment center in our den/tv room.  It used to be in our living room until we got the new HD tv & it wouldn't fit this entertainment center.  This is a much nicer one than the one in the living room now.  This room  used to be dd's bedroom; the wild paint job was a birthday present from one of her older sister's for her 16th birthday ... we need to repaint this room!!

As you can see, I have quite a bit in my collections.  My 88 year old aunt just gave me quite a few from her angel collection when I saw her in June; she wanted to make sure they went to me when, well I can't say those words.

cafay
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:01 PM

My dh gave me a heart shaped rock, he found,so I get them from my husband and now my son. And I also collect Jim Shore Santas.

cutestmom24
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM
I collect keychains
SweetPea2004
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Decks of cards
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Shakers(snow globes)trolls,anything from the 80s,mangers.pezs

SpiritedWitch
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Tigger, frogs ... some are displayed but my biggest Tigger collection is still boxed up in the basement. No room. 

Analugojana
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM

No...and my anxiety levels raise if my house becomes cluttered...or whatever I feel as cluttered. Collections would fill that bill.

ame85
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I used to collect classic novels, but haven't bought a new one in a while.  DH did give me a first edition of Gone with the Wind for my birthday last year though :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN