Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Does your spouse like to cook?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:10 PM
  • 22 Replies

What kind of foods does your SO like to cook?  Is he a good cook?  Is there something that he makes that you just can't get enough of?

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cafay
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Yes,my husband loves to cook. Hes very good at it! But his favorite thing he makes is cheesecake. 

jewels.unicorn
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:20 PM

He loves the BBQ, he creates the most amazing things. Loves Michael Smith's cookbooks, and a few others I can't think of - that name stuck in my head b/c we just bought the newest one, lol.

He is our Thanksgiving & Christmas dinner cook. He does the turkey and veggies, I do the potatoes - that's my specialty.

Recently he made bacon wrapped steak & chicken skewers!! Cube the meat, partially cook the bacon first, then cut in half and wrap around a cube of meat, slide onto skewer, (onion or peppers between), continue... then he glazes them with a watered down solution of bbq sauce and cooks them on the BBQ. We serve with sour cream or tatziki and potatoes on the side. Oh wow is it ever good!!

ladyvamp5489
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:20 PM

My dh cooks anything i cook he even makes fondant custom cakes

jewels.unicorn
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Sorry, and his chocolate cocounut macaroons... those nobody in our family can get enough of! He loves baking and cooking. As long as the kitchen is tidy, he will cook up a storm!

SourRoses
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:24 PM
No he doesn't, I don't even think he can lol. He's made fried eggs twice in our 14 years together, that's pretty much it.
kysmama08
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:36 PM

My husband loves to cook and I tell him everyday he should have been a chef. He cooks most of the meals.

strictmomhere
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:37 PM
He does not cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I'm divorced, so no spouse to cook for me.

StreetsAhead
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:11 AM
Yes he can and does
We cook different things - my attempts at 'british' food have a nasty habit of going wrong so he cooks them and I cook my things. We split the cooking (3 days each and the teen does one)
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Yes.He is actually pretty good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN