Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Welcome to The Park Bench! Have a seat and introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

wave

Welcome to The Park Bench!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home and enjoy!

Enjoy our Park Bench welcome video - courtesy of Liansmommie:

by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Replies (3831-3840):
arosadio1219
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

HI all!

My name is Angie and I'm a 35 year old, married, WAHM with an almost 18 year old son, a 20 month old daughter and a second daughter on the way, due May 26th!  I obviously had my son very young.  Though I was "in LOVE" and totally trusted the wrong boy.  But my son has saved my life and made me the woman and mother I am today so I would never take back what happened all those years ago!  He and my husband are like father and son but it took many years and struggles to get there.

I recently started joining forums as part of some research I'd been doing and I've seen Cafe Mom so many times that I thought maybe it was time I finally joined!  Especially now that I'm going to have two little ones so close in age!  I'm a bit nervous about that, though I'm sure I'll be just fine!  So if anyone has any words of wisdom I'm open to them!

We also have two rabbits and a cat.  We may potentially be getting a Pomchi puppy a couple of weeks after the baby is born because a friend of ours has a Pomeranian and a Chihuahua who mated and the Chihuahua just had a liter of four.  I lost my teacup yorkie last year at 11 years old and she was my baby and it tore me apart.  I've had a little empty space in my heart since then so my husband says we should take one of the Pomchi pups but we'll have to see how it goes. 

Glad to be here!

ThatsTheWayItIs
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hello ladies! I am so happy to be here. My name is Vandy and I have 3 children. 4,3 and almost 2 years old. I love meeting new people even though it is kind of hard for me. I am a stay at home mom. I am 25 and have been with my husband for 7 years. 

mango44
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Hello everyone I'm a 48 year old mom.  My daughter is 13 and she is a real character!  I 've been through alot in life as everyone has at my age.  Love to chat with you and get opinions as well as give a few.  I'm not into judging or being too harsh, but I do tell it like I see.  The key word is "I" see it.  That means my advise may not be right for "you".

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM

welcome

Quoting polishpoison:

ty, im hoping to connect with people an dmaybe make new friends, even start penpaling again!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Welcome Kate!

Quoting Kate792:

Hi.  My name is Kate and I am 19.  I am not married, but I am with the father of my baby girl, that is 6 months old.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Hi Debbie, welcome to The Park Bench!

Quoting Deblgallagher:

Im Debbie. Been married to my hubby Steven for 10 years and we have 2 boys, Brian who's 11 and Joey who's 10. Hope to get some great advice from here as we get to the dreaded teen years :p

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Hi Angie, it's nice to meet you. 

Wow... you're like me with the kids all spread out.  lol  Is your son looking forward to having a second baby sister?

Quoting arosadio1219:

HI all!

My name is Angie and I'm a 35 year old, married, WAHM with an almost 18 year old son, a 20 month old daughter and a second daughter on the way, due May 26th!  I obviously had my son very young.  Though I was "in LOVE" and totally trusted the wrong boy.  But my son has saved my life and made me the woman and mother I am today so I would never take back what happened all those years ago!  He and my husband are like father and son but it took many years and struggles to get there.

I recently started joining forums as part of some research I'd been doing and I've seen Cafe Mom so many times that I thought maybe it was time I finally joined!  Especially now that I'm going to have two little ones so close in age!  I'm a bit nervous about that, though I'm sure I'll be just fine!  So if anyone has any words of wisdom I'm open to them!

We also have two rabbits and a cat.  We may potentially be getting a Pomchi puppy a couple of weeks after the baby is born because a friend of ours has a Pomeranian and a Chihuahua who mated and the Chihuahua just had a liter of four.  I lost my teacup yorkie last year at 11 years old and she was my baby and it tore me apart.  I've had a little empty space in my heart since then so my husband says we should take one of the Pomchi pups but we'll have to see how it goes. 

Glad to be here!

Cafe AmyS

Welcome Vandy!

Quoting ThatsTheWayItIs:

Hello ladies! I am so happy to be here. My name is Vandy and I have 3 children. 4,3 and almost 2 years old. I love meeting new people even though it is kind of hard for me. I am a stay at home mom. I am 25 and have been with my husband for 7 years. 

Cafe AmyS
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  Glad you're here.

Quoting mango44:

Hello everyone I'm a 48 year old mom.  My daughter is 13 and she is a real character!  I 've been through alot in life as everyone has at my age.  Love to chat with you and get opinions as well as give a few.  I'm not into judging or being too harsh, but I do tell it like I see.  The key word is "I" see it.  That means my advise may not be right for "you".

gottaluvmee
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Hello all, I am a 39 yr old mother of three. Maci is 19, Garret is 14, and Kylee is 8. I also am in the processes of getting gaurdianship of my 10 month old niece. I work fulltime at a grain elevator. My 8 yr old daughter I got her when she was 13 days being 2 yrs old. I adopted her on my own when she was 6. She was also my niece from a step sister. 

Since Jan of this year my life has change, from finding out my mom had cnacer in Jan, losing my real dad in Feb, and then losing my mom who was my best friend in March. Then having to take my sisters baby (who is 19 with Aspergers) because she had no one to help her after my mom passed. 

I have 2 bio brothers, 1 half sister, 1 half brother, 3 adopted sisters, and 1 adopted brother. When peolpe ask they are always amazed to hear I have brothers and sisters that are younger then my own children.

In the middle of all of my "crazy life" I was asked on Feb. 14 of this year to marry my best friend and the best father a child could ever ask for, for my 14 yr old son to say that he considers him his dad is a great accomplishment in my sons life because of how his own dad has treated him and my oldest daughter.

Well this kinda sums up my life, Christi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)