Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

What would you do if your teen came home and said they were preg or your son came home and said he got someone preg?

You really don't know until you are in this situation but what do you think you would do?

~Shell~
Group Owner Of ~  Tween Titans ~
Group Admin In ~ CafeMom Group Resource Center ~
Group Mod In ~
Moms With Teens ~
Group Mod In  ~
The Park Bench ~

by on Sep. 6, 2010 at 12:32 AM
Replies (21-26):
shell81
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 2:12 AM

I take it you have a son that got someone preg?

Were you drinking tonight?

Quoting mp3mom:

Get them back in school....  They can pursue a culinary degree . Workit out. Everyovone is different. There IS something there for everyone...This is not just a see vision. It's spreading acrossmy screen.... We are all, just waiting. He will be be ok.

Now, to direct our dat.....intersetesting

:

DAY, LOL

I'm amusing myself, lol    which..... hey, .....   alreadty typos all onver

lol

omg

no typos

typo typo typo typo

omg

Well, everyone gets a kiss, a coss, a nd there you go.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Sep. 7, 2010 at 8:24 AM

My dh & I found ourselves facing this situation ourselves 18 years ago, when our 19 yr old daughter, became pregnant during her first year at college.  She is actually my stepdaughter, but that is just a mere factor of birth.  Her birth mother & stepfather tried to get her to have an abortion, while her dad & I just talked to her about her different other options - mainly adoption.  Abortion wasn't something we were really in favor of.  Our daughter stood fast though and said she was going to have the baby and keep it.  She was making the decision at the time out of stubborness because she was finally able to have some real control over her birth mother, who is very controlling; she knew she had absolutely no way of supporting this child.  She knew her father & I couldn't afford to raise it and support her & the baby and her mother & stepfather had told her (in no uncertain terms) they wouldn't do it.  Long story short, we told her we would help her however we could and her mother & stepfather gave in & let her come hom & live with them and when the baby was born, a little boy she named Justin, we all fell in love of course.  The bio grandmother then became a problem of another sort, by thinking she was the mother of Justin, and just completely took over.  That problem lasted for years & caused many heartaches, before it was resolved  Unfortunately Justin's father never played a part in his life and we have no idea where he is.  Our daughter married a couple of years later, had a beautiful little girl and then was widowed shortly after; her husband was an EMT and killed in the line of duty.  She remarried and sadly that marriage, after 10 years ended in divorce.  She is now in a very good relationship, has a new 9 month old son & is expecting another little girl in mid-Jan.  Justin has turned into a very nice teenager.  Having a child, a teen, have a child is not easy, but with love and support, it can be a happy event.

bamababe1975
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 4:06 PM

As a mother of 2 girls, this is a very real concern, though they're only 9 and 10 now. My mother was a teenager when she had me, so when I became a pre-teen, she told me that whenever I was ready to have sex, I should come to her and she'd take me to get birth control. She then said if that failed and I got pregnant, she'd support me in whatever decision I made 100%. I didn't have sex until I was 21, living on my own, working and going to college, but I'm realistic enough to know my girls may not follow that path, and, like my mother promised me, I'll be there for them to support them 100% in whatever decision they made.

Momof5Teens67
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM

im sorryhugs

Quoting ChaoticAtBest:

Quoting ginal966:

I cried alot.  It hurt for them and it hurt for the baby.  My son was in his junior year.  He had a whole year of great things ahead of him.  We adjusted and except.  Then she lost the baby, I felt so bad for every one. She is a very nice girl who is so hurt.  Its been almost a year and it hurts a little less.  But I will never forget, these people I love made a decision that affected so many people.  My heart has a hole where a precious baby should be, but now two young people who aren't even together anymore have a chance to start over.  I hope this is what you were asking for.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

I am sorry for the loss your family has suffered.

tvschiulaz
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 7:43 PM
I am not in that position yet. But I know that I could never turn my back on my only child. I would help raise the grandbaby and have her finish school!
Emjay
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 4:56 AM

All I can say for now is I am experiencing it at this exact moment and cannot find words to describe it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN