Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Recipes

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM
  • 12 Replies

What is your favorite recipe to make? Or your fall-back recipe when you don't know what else to make?

Share as many as you would like!

Photobucket

by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 4:08 PM
Spaghetti with meatballs. I don't make it the same way every time, the meatballs, that is, but they usually include Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, tomato paste, an egg, and various other seasonings, including lots of red pepper flakes - we like them a bit spicy. :)
yogapantz
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 6:39 PM

My quick go-to is pasta with veggies. Lately I've been getting the pasta side dishes that Lipton makes and putting veggies with them and getting some very happy girls. But a lot of times, it's just rotini put on to boil, and while it boils I cook some spinach, onion, & mushrooms in a little olive oil, then throw in a can of tomatoes, and once the pasta is drained we toss it with a tiny bit of parmesan. SO yummy.

usmclife58
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Creamy Crockpot Chicken

• 4 chicken breasts (can be frozen)
  • 1/2 cup boiling water w/ chicken bulion
  • 2T melted butter
  • 1 pack DRY Italian dressing
  • 8oz cream cheese
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup

Put the water (with chicken bulion) in crockpot. Place in 4 chicken breasts, pour melted butter over chicken, and then pour the italian dressing season over chicken. Cook for 5-6 hours on LOW.

30-45 minutes before finished cooking, mix CoC soup and cream cheese together and then put in the crockpot to finish cooking. Serve with cooked noodles (you can add noodles to the crockpot, or serve over noodles).

Photobucket

TheJerseyGirl
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I'm a big time baker , but hate cooking!

TheJerseyGirl
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Oh my does this sound good!

Quoting usmclife58:

Creamy Crockpot Chicken

• 2T melted butter
  • 8oz cream cheese

Put the water (with chicken bulion) in crockpot. Place in 4 chicken breasts, pour melted butter over chicken, and then pour the italian dressing season over chicken. Cook for 5-6 hours on LOW.

30-45 minutes before finished cooking, mix CoC soup and cream cheese together and then put in the crockpot to finish cooking. Serve with cooked noodles (you can add noodles to the crockpot, or serve over noodles).

Myspace Comments  

usmclife58
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 12:44 PM

This is my husband's favorite dish now. That and my mesquite fried pork chops. I made those on Sunday and he said it would be okay if I made those again, lol!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Oh my does this sound good!

Quoting usmclife58:

Creamy Crockpot Chicken

• 2T melted butter
  • 8oz cream cheese

Photobucket

Radarma
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Hahahah, hey, you just reminded me I forgot to take something out of the freezer for dinner tonight. See, who says Cafemom is not good for the home? Bahhh

My favorite fall back is noodles with chicken and something green. As in a veggie, not green chicken.

I LOVE chicken.

usmclife58
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Quick Jambalaya

• 1pkg (16oz) Hillshire Smoked Sausage
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2T butter
  • 1 (28oz) can of crushed tomato
  • 1/2 tsp hot sauce
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2lb large shrimp, peelied and deveined
  • 6 cups hot, cooked, long-grain rice

*Cut sausage into 1/2in slices. Melt butter in 5-6 quart saucepan on med-high heat.

*Add sausage, onion, red/green peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until veggies are soft.

*Stir in tomato, pepper sauce, black pepper, and crushed pepper flakes. Bring to boil.

*Add shrimp. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through (opaque in the middle).

*Gently stir in hot rice and cook 3-5 minutes. Ready to serve.

Photobucket

yogapantz
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Tonight I'm going to make cheese burger macaroni. My husband made it up. We cook a package of mac & cheese, then add browned ground turkey. A can of well-drained plain diced tomatoes, some chopped onion, and a little dill relish are mixed in. The girls like it with a little drizzle of ketchup on top (like a cherry).

I think I will try the Creamy Crockpot Chicken on Friday evening.  I'm going to use fat free cream cheese and fat free/low sodium cream of chicken soup for it though, I'll let y'all know how it tastes!

usmclife58
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Pulled BBQ Pork

*Place 2lbs pork shoulder in crockpot and add 1 (18oz) bottle of BBQ sauce.

*Cook on high 4-5 hours (low 6-8 hours). Pull apart and serve.

BBQ Ribs

• 1 onion, sliced
  • 4lbs country style pork ribs (any ribs will actually do)
  • 1 (18oz) bottle BBQ sauce
  • salt and pepper

*Pre-heat crockpot on med (or low if only high-low-warm settings) with onion.

*Place ribs on baking sheet, salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven on broil for 5mins or until brown.

*Place ribs in pre-heated crockpot (over onion) for 4 hours.

*After 4 hours, pour BBQ sauce over ribs. (you can use water to "clean" out the BBQ sauce in the bottle, but I don't do that).

*Cook additional 4 hours. Ready to serve.

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)