Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

QOTD - 9/08/10

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 12:34 AM
  • 14 Replies

Do you ever wish you had a different name?

~Shell~
Group Owner Of ~  Tween Titans ~
Group Admin In ~ CafeMom Group Resource Center ~
Group Mod In ~
Moms With Teens ~
Group Mod In  ~
The Park Bench ~

by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shell81
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 2:00 AM

I never really did. My name has meaning.

I was suppose to be a boy. Michael and Ray for the middle name but I came out a girl... surprise, my parents had ALL blue stuff hehe. So my mom said Michelle as soon as I came out! As you know Michael and Michelle are opposites! Michael Ray is after my grandpa. My moms dad!
I named my middle son Michael after myself and my gpa!

I got my moms middle name Sue....

I always wanted my name to be spelled different though. Michelle spelled like that is normal. I am not normal.rolling on floor

maciymommieof3
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Nope....Never......I was the only child out of 6 that my Dad named....Angela......like an Angel!

offrdngal
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I did when I was little. I wanted my name to be Stacy.  There were so many Stacy's around, but not a lot of girls named Terri.  I think by the time I was 10, I was done wanting  a different name.

Radarma
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Do I ever!

I nearly changed it when I was 17, because I was just sooo tired of repeating and spelling it all the time; only to still have people call me Darlene or even worse, Daryln.

My name is: Darlynn

It is full on funktified and I have only recently grown into it, at age 42!!!!

Radarma
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Quoting maciymommieof3:

Nope....Never......I was the only child out of 6 that my Dad named....Angela......like an Angel!

Your name is one of the names I wished I had, along with Vivianne and Desi and anything else that is cool but not uncommon.

When I order pizza, I use my sister's name: Dawn

LOLOLOL

usmclife58
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Nah, I guess I am okay with my name. My legal name is Tonya Nicole, but everyone calls me Nikki. I like that my daddy picked out my name, so I will keep it :)

shell81
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 1:26 PM

That is sweet!

Quoting maciymommieof3:

shell81
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Quoting Radarma:

Do I ever!

I nearly changed it when I was 17, because I was just sooo tired of repeating and spelling it all the time; only to still have people call me Darlene or even worse, Daryln.

My name is: Darlynn

It is full on funktified and I have only recently grown into it, at age 42!!!!

I wont' say how it is spelled but my married last name is Roads.. is how you say it and it is spelled very weird when you say it people think you are saying rose... dumb fucks. I never say my last name I always spell it. I say Michelle then spell my last name. I got use to it but it is annoying.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Nah. I like my name.

Momof5Teens67
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 4:17 PM

It's OK but I have wished I had a name that I think sounds really pretty and romantic sounding really girly that has sounds in it that I love together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)