Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench
are you a working momma or a stay home momma?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Replies (21-27):
maciymommieof3
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month...THINK PINK...
Yesterday at 11:06 PM
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 7:33 AM

I work and dh is a stay at homer!

yogapantz
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Quoting maciymommieof3:

I work and dh is a stay at homer!

This is what my DH wants to do!

offrdngal
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 8:05 AM

It's a great job.  Doing deliveries breaks up the monotony of being in the shop all day long.  It's great! I've met lots of people at different businesses.  It's funny how you think that you aren't noitced, but when I had to have someone fill in for me, I've been told that I was missed and they asked when I'd be back.

Quoting shell81:

Quoting offrdngal:

I do Shipping & Receiving and I am the delivery driver.  I've been there for 10 years.  I worked FT for several years, then went down to PT.

That sounds like it could be fun doing diff things.

Momof5Teens67
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 9:06 AM

typingbouncing mom

Mostly I have always been a STAY AT HOME MOMMA and mostly still am.

I DO do odds and ends of small paying online work here and there for some extra spending cash, not enough to live on, but it's nice extra. I do paid  surveys (LEGIT ONES!) and a little bit of data entry from time to time. Occasionally I am lucky enough to do product testing reviews and be involved in focus/discussion groups, the latter which pays well but only for a short time. I really enjoy those things.

MamaCarolyn
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM
Stay at home mama
Momof5Teens67
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Before the economy went way down... I was a WORK AT HOME MOM and owned my own business practice which was doing very well! I graduated and was certified thru my school and the state through Infinity Institute International School of Hypnotherapy under Dr. Anne Spencer.

My business practice was called Empowered Essence Hypnotherapy and I had clients come to my home office, and I also hand wrote custom, personalized hypnosis scripts per individual and recorded them on cds so they could do SELF hypnosis at home and not get dependent on ME.

Everything went well for a few years and then the economy went down and no one could afford it anymore and it is NOT worth all the time, energy, thought, emotion and work I put into it to do it for less so I closed shop and moved on.

It was VERY emotionally rewarding being able to help others when I did do it and was a really touching experience anyway.

I don't plan on re opening when the economy is ok someday if it ever is, bc NOW I can't keep up costs compared to the competition who sells VERY VERY low cost and still quality streaming self hypnosis right online. It's even easier for ME to use that than do all the work now HAHA

BlessedToBeMe
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 9:14 AM

SAHM:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)