Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

do you think fighting or arguing is a healthy relationship???

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 5:01 AM
  • 16 Replies

why and why not????

by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 5:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sharon35862
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 5:16 AM

i think arguing isvery healthy in a relationship. it mean theres security in discussing your differences, i dont think name calling and swearing is very good or makin each other feel bad especially if theres kids round, but id like to think that in my relationship i can voice my concerns without my dh leaving me. and i certainly wouldnt be  doormat or want my dh to be a dormat!

maciymommieof3
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 7:34 AM

yes...I believe you have to get your fustrations out..not health to hold them in.

MamaCarolyn
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 9:11 AM
I think little here and there to see each other point of view also release and tension that is build up during the day. Excessive arguments and fighting is unhealthy and the relationship should be on hold
Momof5Teens67
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Todd and I rarely ever argue, we have very differing views on some things and we are both hold strong opinions but we respect those differences and to us it seems more like a healthy debate than a straight out argument.

We have serious discussions WITHOUT yellling or swearing or pointing fingers or attacking where we may disagree or need to work things out but those dont FEEL like straight up arguments either in my opinion.

We use "I" statements like "I FEEL" instead of you statements that makes the person feel defensive like "You never or you always etc. It helps a lot.

We are very carefull to watch out for one anothers feelings and break things to one another with love and put one anothers feelings over who is right and wrong and we both know how to respectfully agree to disagree.

It is VERY rare for us to raise our voices at one another.

Our adult kids have that kind of communication with their significant others well 2 of the 3 who are in relationships do anyway. lol

We think it is healthy bc we still get our points and feelings across and work things out and dont hold them in and dont cause damage letting them out either.

Barronbaby
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 9:21 AM
I think the occasional argument is healthy. If it's everyday probably not so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yogapantz
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 9:23 AM

I think too much of either giving in to arguing or holding back from it is bad. Every relationship is going to have an argument or disagreement here & there, but it shouldn't be all day every day. And it shouldn't be that there are NO disagreements, ever, because that means someone is swallowing a lot of anger & holding back negativity that may explode over something trivial one day.

Our kids have seen us argue, but they have also seen us come to mutual agreements and apologize if that is in order.

usmclife58
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 9:49 AM
My husband and I argue. We do not raise our voices- that is unacceptable in this house. I feel it is disrespectful, unnecessary, and unproductive. But I think a little arguing is healthy. I don't think a "too perfect" relationship is a good one. It usually means something is missing somewhere...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 10:04 AM

No, I do not. What I do believe is healthy is learning to communicate without throwing a fit or yelling.  My DH and I have not had an arguement in over 3 years.  We just discuss everything.  I love having a peaceful relationship. My late husband and I were the same way. We just never argued. We could talk about everything.

shell81
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Quoting maciymommieof3:

yes...I believe you have to get your fustrations out..not health to hold them in.

I agree! but you can talk not argue about it.

shell81
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 2:57 PM

That is the way I think. We talk all the time well I mainly talk LOL and we might argue once a yr if that.

Quoting bren_darlene:

No, I do not. What I do believe is healthy is learning to communicate without throwing a fit or yelling.  My DH and I have not had an arguement in over 3 years.  We just discuss everything.  I love having a peaceful relationship. My late husband and I were the same way. We just never argued. We could talk about everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN