Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe TMI but I have a question...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay..so sorry if this is TMI, but I need some advice here. I've been fairly lucky with my periods...until now. I know that some cramping is normal, but I've got this horrible cramping on my left side in my back. Has anyone had any pain like this before? Besides pain relievers, what did you do to alleviate the pain? Thanks ladies!

Join us at I Love Christmas!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shell81
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Are you sure it is your period? NOT trying to freak you out but bad cramps etc on the side to me was kidney stones.

usmclife58
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Heating pad, extra water, and Motrin (it thins the blood and relaxes the muscles some). Oh, and naps. Naps really help.

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Besides pain killers, HEAT, heating pad or hot soak in the tub something like that.

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Shell is right about listening to your body and make sure you keep watch over your symptoms, if they get too severe or unusual for you, you may want to see a dr. to make sure it is not something besides menstrual cramps. I agree.

Quoting shell81:

Are you sure it is your period? NOT trying to freak you out but bad cramps etc on the side to me was kidney stones.

s.t.e.p.h
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:19 PM

It is my period, I know that much. The pain is still there today, but it's not as bad as it was. And for some time last night, it did go away. I didn't even think about kidney stones. Thanks ladies!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Shell is right about listening to your body and make sure you keep watch over your symptoms, if they get too severe or unusual for you, you may want to see a dr. to make sure it is not something besides menstrual cramps. I agree.

Quoting shell81:

Join us at I Love Christmas!

hoping2bmommy2b
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Quoting shell81:

I defin agree with this post! I sure hope its your pd and not kidney stones but i had the same thing last year which resulted in kidney stones and it wasent a very pretty sight! Im wishing you the best of luck if it continues or if you start feeling a burning feeling while peeing i would defin call the doctor or go to the ER. I went to the ER and they did a body Xray. Good luck and keep us posted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)