Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Have to Buy a Gift For Someone You Really Don't Like?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:49 AM
  • 10 Replies

I do and it just stinks!!!!

And I make sure to not spend that much!

Myspace Comments  

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I don't buy gifts for people I really love. Assuming you mean for Christmas. 

JPandMommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Not anymore..I hated shopping for my ex inlaws

CoeyG
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:38 AM

I don't think you have to.  But then I'm just a Bitch anyway  LOL

usmclife58
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Nope.

janitablue
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Quoting CoeyG:

I don't think you have to.  But then I'm just a Bitch anyway  LOL

I agreeed. Why punish yourself and your bank account............. The gift that you gave has no meaning............

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I don't and I don't THINK that I would either.

shell81
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Nope, we only buy for our kids!

dingysfamily
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:43 AM

You should have to, but sometimes it depends on who it is.  That is what makes it hard.  I never really liked my first mil, but ... there was an example of having to get something and it was always up to me to buy the gift; my ex was a cop & his hours were such that getting him to shop was almost impossible.  So, I just grinned and did it.  When I didn't have to do it anymore, like after the divorce I was so happy.  Then I told my ex if he wanted his mom to have a gift from our son, then it was up to him .. like it or not!  I still saw that our son got his dad a gift though ... my ex in-laws were divorced by then and I was close to my fil still. 

toomanypoodles
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:54 AM

No.  I don't HAVE to do anything I don't want to. 

Liansmommie
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 3:52 AM

I was thinking about this kind of situation. Sometimes you do just have to suck it up. Mostly though I would avoid the whole situation if I could.

Quoting dingysfamily:

You should have to, but sometimes it depends on who it is.  That is what makes it hard.  I never really liked my first mil, but ... there was an example of having to get something and it was always up to me to buy the gift; my ex was a cop & his hours were such that getting him to shop was almost impossible.  So, I just grinned and did it.  When I didn't have to do it anymore, like after the divorce I was so happy.  Then I told my ex if he wanted his mom to have a gift from our son, then it was up to him .. like it or not!  I still saw that our son got his dad a gift though ... my ex in-laws were divorced by then and I was close to my fil still. 

(click here↑↑↑)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)