Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone tried Chantix to quit smoking????

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:49 AM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone tried Chantix to quit smoking? I went to my doctor yesterday because since Saturday my lower back has been hurting so badly I just wanted to scream. I have not been in so much pain since labor, and that didn't last 24 hours a day for 4 days! She did xrays to check for a compressed fracture and felt my spine and kidney area. She told me that it looked like an acute muscle spasm and prescribed me pain killers and a muscle relaxant. She said that I should feel better soon. I hope so too! LOL! Anyway, while I was there I told her that I wanted to quit smoking and wondered if she had prescribed Chantix before and what she thought. i am going to start taking it on Sunday. I was just wondering if anyone on here has tried it, and if it helped with quitting smoking. What were your experiences if you did. 

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:00 AM

My mom and stepdad used it. It worked for both of them. My stepdad has been smoke-free for a couple of years. My mom started back (but she didn't want to quit anyway).

Erna2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:15 AM

That is positive. I have been wanting to quit for a few years now. I just haven't been able to do it.....

Quoting usmclife58:

My mom and stepdad used it. It worked for both of them. My stepdad has been smoke-free for a couple of years. My mom started back (but she didn't want to quit anyway).

KelliansMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:17 AM

a couple friends of ours did it ..it worked for the husband he still is not smoking years later ..his wife on the other hand it didnt wrok at all but i dont think she wanted to quite like her husband did so she just stop taking the stuff and started smoking full on again 

Erna2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Quoting KelliansMom:

a couple friends of ours did it ..it worked for the husband he still is not smoking years later ..his wife on the other hand it didnt wrok at all but i dont think she wanted to quite like her husband did so she just stop taking the stuff and started smoking full on again 

KelliansMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:32 AM
If you want it this stuff will defenitly help :)

Quoting Erna2:

I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Quoting KelliansMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Quoting Erna2:

Has anyone tried Chantix to quit smoking? I went to my doctor yesterday because since Saturday my lower back has been hurting so badly I just wanted to scream. I have not been in so much pain since labor, and that didn't last 24 hours a day for 4 days! She did xrays to check for a compressed fracture and felt my spine and kidney area. She told me that it looked like an acute muscle spasm and prescribed me pain killers and a muscle relaxant. She said that I should feel better soon. I hope so too! LOL! Anyway, while I was there I told her that I wanted to quit smoking and wondered if she had prescribed Chantix before and what she thought. i am going to start taking it on Sunday. I was just wondering if anyone on here has tried it, and if it helped with quitting smoking. What were your experiences if you did. 

Nawww I just got pregnant...every time I put a cigarette into my mouth to light it I threw up...great way to quit LOL

The diversity in the human family should be the cause of love and harmony, as it is in music where many different notes blend together in the making of a perfect chord.
    (Abdu'l-Baha,)

Erna2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:46 AM

LOL! I don't think that would work for me. My dh had a vasectomy 4 years ago, so he might be a tad bit upset. LOL! Besides at 43 I think I am past that...

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting Erna2:

Nawww I just got pregnant...every time I put a cigarette into my mouth to light it I threw up...great way to quit LOL

CoeyG
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Quoting Erna2:

LOL! I don't think that would work for me. My dh had a vasectomy 4 years ago, so he might be a tad bit upset. LOL! Besides at 43 I think I am past that...

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting Erna2:

Thing was I tried to go back to smoking after Shannon was born but I still got sick.  So it's been almost 26 years now...

The diversity in the human family should be the cause of love and harmony, as it is in music where many different notes blend together in the making of a perfect chord.
    (Abdu'l-Baha,)

shell81
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:42 AM

My dh and  myself tried it but it didn't work. It helped for only a couple dys and that was it.

ThreeKidsEnough
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I've heard so many stories of people who reacted so badly to Chantix that I've been afraid to try it.  If you do, let me know how it goes for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)