Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so dumb.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:25 PM
  • 14 Replies

My grandson missed 3 wks of school already and is going to have homebound for a few more.He can't write because that's the arm he broke.I'm trying to help him catch up the work he is behind in and there is 6 pages of algebra. he had just started learning it so he can't do it. I never did learn it so I guess I'm going to take a fast computer coarse.Why oh why does anyone need algebra to have a fulfilling life.This stuff is hard and I don't know if I can help him.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondekosmic15
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Don't feel alone, mamawmom. I aced thru English & History classes but Algebra was never my cup of tea. General math * decimals * fractions etc. are ok but Algebra is too complicated for me. I was goin' to suggest the computer. You can find anything thru google. Good luck. Wish I could help~ 

Orkut Scraps - Christmas

dressy3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:40 PM

If you go to bing.com you can type in the problem and it will give you the answer and how to get to that answer.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM

How about calling the school and see if they can recommend either a tutor or another student to come and help.  When my daughter was in school they had "Peer to Peer" tutors.  They were usually slightly older students who were good in a particular subject and could earn extra credit by helping homebound students or students struggling in a particular subject. 

usmclife58
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I actually enjoy algebra. I would offer to help, but doing tutoring online SUCKS. I hope you get him caught up!

maciymommieof3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM
I am w/ ya!
lilcutiepie2578
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:49 PM

oh man.,. I dread when my kids are old enough to have Algebra and other math homework! That was my absolute worst subject in school! good thing my s/o was good at that stuff!

onefootcutiepie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM

when I got really really sick in high school and had to be out for a while, the sent a teacher to my house....maybe call the school and ask about that?

blondekosmic15
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:43 PM

My son who is an adult now was absent for 5 wks. from school due to a severe case of Mono & strep throat. His Dr. claimed he experienced the worst case she had witnessed that winter season. Once he felt a lil' better I began to tutor him. I went to the school & rec'd homewk. from his teachers. Really helped~

Orkut Scraps - Christmas

mamawmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions and the web site. Ill definately use that.

StoryKeepers
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I'll get my hubby to call, he'll talk your grandsons ear off !LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)