Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 yr old girl birthday theme ?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 AM
  • 10 Replies

my dd will be 5 in april,i was going to do a tea party but she has changed her mind 5 times now,i am not doing princess i have already done that,do you all have any ideas ?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:40 AM

Tell her to pick one, then you stick to it.  She is 5 years old, she is going to change her mind 5 dozen times. 

chrarrington18
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Pick two themes and sit her down and have her choose. Explain to her that this is her final decisin and she will not be able to change it again. Once she desides start to buy the party items in the theme so she sees that you are serious and you dont feel bead and go along with another cange. this is what i had to do with  my son.

USAFamily
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM

We did Barbie. It was fine. Once we pick and I start buying stuff, then there are no changes to the party :)

Barronbaby
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM
this is what I do with my dd.

Quoting CoeyG:

Tell her to pick one, then you stick to it.  She is 5 years old, she is going to change her mind 5 dozen times. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I would come up with 2 or 3 ideas...put them to her...and decide on one...take her shopping with you to pick out the invites etc etc...

I think something like Backyardigans...is pretty neat if you don't wanna do princess or tea...

You can also do a craft themed party...so the kids get to make something to take home..

Not sure what your budget is..

Good luck!!

usmclife58
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM

What about a royal tea party? She can have 2-in-1 that way :)

FabDarling
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:11 PM

you can do a tea party with a certain COLOR theme......and have all the guests dress in that color and have all the food/drink/deserts in that color.

a jungle animal tea party with eveyone bringing their favorite stuffed animal

a doll tea party

you can also do a tea that is japanese or chinese themed (being that is the origin of tea) ....or even a victorian english tea

or if there is a particular movie or show she's really really into you could have a tea party based on that......and have games to co-ordinate with that.

my daughter will be turning 8 and she's have a pinkalicious-tea-party this year!!!!!

shell81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Didn't you use to be on cm with another screen name. When the group first started?

I woudl tell her to pick one and stick with it as the other posters said. Then go from there.

SimplyMadness
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:35 PM
I don't pick a THEME per-se, I usually pick a color scheme.

This year, my oldest is turning 3, so I figured I'd ask her lol.
She said
"Hello Kitty"
And then said
"AND princess"
Lol
So we're doing subtle hello kitty, and more "couture" than princess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Any closer to making a decision about the party?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)