Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ATHEIST QUOTE OF THE DAY 2/9

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

Atheists will celebrate life, while you’re in church celebrating death. – Anonymous

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
charlotsomtimes
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM

heh

CoeyG
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Sometimes true.  I'm not an Athiest yet when someone passes I don't go to their "funeral"  I will join friends who want to celebrate that person's life though.

IhartU
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Quoting CoeyG:

Sometimes true.  I'm not an Athiest yet when someone passes I don't go to their "funeral"  I will join friends who want to celebrate that person's life though.

I do that as well. The last funeral I went to was my sister's and I vowed to never go to another one. She died from breast cancer when she was 29 and people were more concerned about the way she died, how young she was and how much of a shame it was instead of thinking about the wonderful person she was in life and the many wonderful things she did.

janitablue
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting CoeyG:

I do that as well. The last funeral I went to was my sister's and I vowed to never go to another one. She died from breast cancer when she was 29 and people were more concerned about the way she died, how young she was and how much of a shame it was instead of thinking about the wonderful person she was in life and the many wonderful things she did.

OMG I am dealing with that right now with my mother passing.  I think there should be a book on funeral and death ethics. The shit that come out of people mouth is unbelievable.

CoeyG
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I've been to two funerals in my life, one when I was very small, and I really don't remember much of it.  The other's was my father's memorial (he was cremated), I just felt that I didn't belong among all those people weeping and saying how they would miss him...I wanted to go home open up a bottle of Jack, suck back a 6 pack and think about the good as well as bad about him.  I think more of the memorial was for my mom than my father really, and she never gave a damn whether he lived or died to begin with...

usmclife58
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Hmmm... I guess my church is different. I don't remember celebrating death. Even at funerals, we celebrate the person's life.

IhartU
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

Hmmm... I guess my church is different. I don't remember celebrating death. Even at funerals, we celebrate the person's life.

What it means is that Atheists live for the NOW when believers are living to get their reward in the afterlife.

usmclife58
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Oh. That makes more sense, lol!

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting usmclife58:

What it means is that Atheists live for the NOW when believers are living to get their reward in the afterlife.

Photobucket

shell81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM

bow down

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)