Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: LO forgot how to sleep!!!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:34 AM
  • 27 Replies

I don't know what else to do! At first I thought it was just a growth spurt, and it could have been, since she stopped STTN 2 1/2 wks ago (feels more like a month!). But now she's not waking up just to eat and going back to sleep, she's up EVERY time she is transitioning sleep cycles, and CANNOT put herself back to sleep! We have to soothe her, give her pacifier (which I think is making things worst, b/c it falls off and awake she is again!). I don't want her to have paci at night, but it seems to be the only thing to calm her down, "most" of the time.

We've tried everything! And during the day she seems to be napping so well, and is so happy! Should I not let her nap longer than an hour during the day??? She's been doing about 30-50min after every feeding & playtime, and will do a longer one (2-3 hrs long) once or twice a day. That sounds about how much babies her age should be napping, so it doesn't make sense to me to cut it short! But when she did STTN, she didn't sleep very well during the day (only cat naps), but also, wasn't as pleasant during the day either!

Anyone have a word of wisdom or experience with this? I'm exhausted!!!!!

PS: She's 2months 4wks
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barronbaby
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM
how old is she??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamagigi1084
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM

2months & 4wks...sorry, just added that info! :)

Barronbaby
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM
my son does this lol! Still does at 17 months! I no you said you don't want her to have a nuk but sometimes that's the best solution. Ohhh and not to mention binkies/nuks decrease the risk of sids!! So an added bonus! I would keep doing what your doing... She is too young to cry it out. If you have one maybe using a bassinet or pack n play with bassinet right next to bed will help so you can put binkie/nuk in without having to get up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM
her napping sounds fine for baby her age! She is also too young for teething. Hang in there momma!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamagigi1084
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Do you still need to get up all the time to put his paci on every time it falls? Or does it get better as they get older? 

mamagigi1084
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Thanks! :)

Barronbaby
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM
deff gets better!! Ds only gets up when he can't find his paci/nuk and it's usually fallen out of his crib. They eventually learn to hang onto it. The sleeping does get better and longer as they get older.

Quoting mamagigi1084:

Do you still need to get up all the time to put his paci on every time it falls? Or does it get better as they get older? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Some babies start teething around 3 months...so I would not rule that out unless you know for sure..

aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM

My son did not sleep through the night til he was almost 2 years old...so I honestly have no "good" advice for ya....

CoolMommyofboys
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:55 AM

My son is three and a half and he still wakes up at least once a night five out of seven nights a week :(

that young, I wouldn't limit her sleep?  she needs lots of it still. 

would you consider co-sleeping with her...that way she is easier to reach and you may have a better chance of patting her back to sleep when she wakes up- might be able to put her back to sleep before she is totally awake?  I did that with my son for about five months.

once they can learn to put their own pacifier in their mouth it is so much easier- my SIL always puts five or six pacifiers in the crib with my niece   LOL so that she can easily find one in the middle of the night

hang in there...nap during the day when she does if you can

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)