Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Agnostic Quote of the Day 2/9

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM
  • 7 Replies

I judge a religion as being good or bad based on whether its adherents become better people as a result of practicing it.  ~Joe Mullally

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tericared
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Oh this is very good..........

IhartU
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I disagree. I think all religion is bad because it makes one place their faith, trust and love in something other than themselves. One does not need a religion or a God to become a better person...

CoeyG
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Religion doesn't make anyone do anything.  When a person chooses to be a Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Pagan, Baha'i, etc they are choosing to have faith in the prophet/God If a person does not adhere to the tennants of whatever faith they choose then they can not work to make themselves better within that faith.  As an Athiest you don't have to work because you accept no faith.  However you are bound by ethics, morals and values of humanity and if you don't work to maintain those ethics, morals and values you too are a bad person.

Barronbaby
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM
thanks for sharing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RyansMommy6407
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM

What I got from it is this:

If the teachings of the faith brainwash people into thinking bad things are okay, or into becoming bad people that it's not a very good religion. If the teachings in that faith ultimately make most of those people better people, than great. KWIM?

I'm not saying the character of a person is based on what faith they hold. There are good and bad people in every religion. And these aren't my words anyway...I just thought it was an interesting quote.

USAFamily
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Hmm. I like it.

usmclife58
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM

I think I do, too.

Quoting USAFamily:

Hmm. I like it.

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)