Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After having children...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM
  • 40 Replies

How has your body changed?

Physically, biologically, what's different now?

melissa

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM

For me my ass is HUGE lol! And my periods are awful. I get terrible cramps, my boobs hurt, and I get cravings like I did when I was pregnant. It's so weird.

aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I have gained weight...not happy but not unhappy...about it..

CoeyG
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM

my entire body is huge, my periods got more painful, to where I couldn't get out of bed the first day.  My boobs went south and have become kneecap warmers.  My hips have spread so far that if I ever book a flight I'll probably have to book two tickets because my ass will take up two seats.  Since my histerectomy things have spread even more but I no longer have period pain

USAFamily
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Oh, and one thing people will NEVER tell you--the weight from carrying my children gave me a hernia and hemorrhoids. Nice.

FabDarling
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM

i got about 20 extra pounds that just won't budge. (after my first at 29 it came off....after my second at almost 35 .....not so much).
my boobs got bigger and stayed that way.  i had two c-sections so i got a poofy belly.
and my sciatic is just screwed!!!!!!!!!
this goes along wtih the fact that in my 40's now ......... metabolism has slowed down alot too.

aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I gained about 5-7 lbs which isn't a lot...but it is ALL IN MY GUT! GRRRR!! LOL.

aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Like seriously...couldn't I get some boobies instead? LOL...

Amanduhpanda
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM
I'm a weird one! I am 20lbs lighter than before I got pregnant with my 2nd. Everytime I get pregnant I lose atleast 20lbs in the first trimester then I only gain about 6lbs during the pregnancy and then it falls off when I have the baby. Its like my body eats all of the fat I already had lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Ha nice...

Quoting Amanduhpanda:

I'm a weird one! I am 20lbs lighter than before I got pregnant with my 2nd. Everytime I get pregnant I lose atleast 20lbs in the first trimester then I only gain about 6lbs during the pregnancy and then it falls off when I have the baby. Its like my body eats all of the fat I already had lol

pinkdragonsegg
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM

I dont like things that i used to like. Like i got aversions to cooked mushrooms with one pregnancy, pork with another, etc...and those stayed around after i had kids. Its so weird lol. I just cannot stand certain things now! They totally gag me. :( And some of my cravings turned into new likes that stayed around too. Like i developed an aversion to the taste of pork...so i just could not stand pepperoni anymore...but i started likeing pineapple pizza lol. I also love jalepaneos on alot of things now lol.

Stretch marks , i also have the "mommy pooch"...that little squishy part of your tummy lol.

And every time i have a kid my period changes...after my first i had light 3 day periods :D....after my 2nd i had 2 periods a month, 1- 9 day heavy period, 1- 9 day lightish period...after my 3rd it was just a normal maaaybe week long period. I am reaaaallly hoping that my period is decent after i have this one! :p

Also when i am pregnant i have really bad relaxin hormone problems....it make my hips/butt joints have like shooting pains and can be kinda hard to walk sometimes. And i find that my hip/butt joint area still acts up sometimes after ive given birth.

Oh yea i dont get as stinky anymore since i had kids LOL. I can actually go without deoderant and not be stinky most of the time. :p That was a HUGE change from before i had kids...i used to have to wear guys deoderant..and lots of it. Its like i barely sweat..its a pretty awesome change.

Ive also found that pregnancy effects your bladder...even after you gave birth. :/

And my sleep has changed since i had kids. I used to be a HEAVY sleeper. But since having kids i am an EXTREMELY light sleeper. Its like i am aware of everything going on around me...every little sound...and i wake every hour look around and go back to bed at night lol.

And my emotions have changed....i cry over movies that i NEVER would have cried over before i had kids lmao. I cry over everything...movies...commercials...the news (i had to stop watching it)...just all kinds of things lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)