Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children love.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM
  • 17 Replies
How can I make it up to my children when they feel i'm not showing them sufficient love.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Aww...why do you think they feel like that?

aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Quality sometimes beats quantity...not sure what your situation is...do you work? How old are the kids?

aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM

One idea that I see some people do...is to spend one on one time with each kid...like take time to go out with them and do an activity they like with them...bond and talk etc...

CoolMommyofboys
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM

aaaawww how old are they?

aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Depending on the age...have them involved with you while maybe making dinner etc...get them involved and talk a lot..

spkaudi
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM

A hug and I love you works for me.  My daughter sometimes asks why daddy doesn't love her and when I ask her about it she feels that because he doen't take her with him all the time that he doesn't love her.  I take her to indoor play centers, Park (weather permitting), and hiking.  If I'm working he'll take her w/ him to look at cars he's buying, but no activites just for her.  The fact that your checking yourself speaks highly for you.  We can't give our kids EVERYTHIING they want when they want it.  Sometimes our kids grow up and thank us for setting boundaries and letting them know we love them, but we question ourselves while living the moment.

smile mini

usmclife58
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I hug and kiss and cuddle with mine. And I tell them all the time, literally all day, that I love them. And we play and act goofy. And I am just there for them :)

shell81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM

How old are they?

CoeyG
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM

What is it that makes them feel you're not showing sufficient love? Do they want things and then when you say "no" do they say "Then you don't love me"?  If that's the case it isn't that you're not showing them sufficient love, it means they're spoiled brats.

aneela
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Hey OP...are you around? Hope you are doing ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)