Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 year old has announced she is in love.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM
  • 21 Replies

We go to church and she goes to Sunday school. There is a very sweet little 4 or 5 year old in her class and he told her he loved her and she said she loved him and she gave him her plastic jewel ring and now they are valentines.

My DH is very disturbed by all of this. I can't help but laugh because it is so innocent and sweet. I asked her what Love is, and she said it's when you're friends and play together, and sit together. She said when she grows up she is going to marry him, then kiss him, then I let her know she would have to move out. So now she will never ever kiss him lmao. Moving out of the house would be devastating!

Would it bother you to have this situation with your 5 year old? How would you handle it (if at all?)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:35 PM

It would not bother me too much at this point..my son is 4...he isn't overly touchy with people...I tend to remind him that kisses are for mommy...hugs are ok for our friends etc...

I think it was too cute...and kids mimic what they see in us...so if you all show love and affection...I'm sure she is copying that ...

What did hubby say?

kiddo0820
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM

That's cute. You never know, they could get married when they grow up. My husband and I met at church when we were 4 years old and 20 years later we have been married for 3 years...lol

Momma24Cuties
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM

that is cute! My daughter had a little boyfriend last year in kindergarten. They sat by each other all the time and played at recess. Now she's in first grade and not at all into that. She says they are still friends but she doesn't really like him anymore. It's just a phase, and I think it's cute!

mommam58122
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM

at 5 i would find it cute now if she was talking about having sex or knew how to have sex i would be worried

Number1Chef
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM

awww cute

Number1Chef
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Quoting kiddo0820:

That's cute. You never know, they could get married when they grow up. My husband and I met at church when we were 4 years old and 20 years later we have been married for 3 years...lol

that's amazing

usmclife58
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I think it is sweet!! My husband HATES hearing Lucy (3y) talk about her bff, Xavier. She doesn't even say anything about him except he is her best friend.

shell81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM

That is SO sweet!

My oldest son had a gf in preK and I didnt' care. I didn't tell him he was too young either. He went up to the girl and kissed her. They were very close friends. They talked on the phone at 4 yrs old and seen each other in school. Never outside of school though. It was cute my sons name is Charley and her name was Carley:)

USAFamily
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:06 PM

He was just very put off lol. And told her she did not love him! And she knows the only boys she kisses is daddy!

she doesn't really understand bf/gf relationships or anything yet. So it's very cute :)

Quoting aneela:

It would not bother me too much at this point..my son is 4...he isn't overly touchy with people...I tend to remind him that kisses are for mommy...hugs are ok for our friends etc...

I think it was too cute...and kids mimic what they see in us...so if you all show love and affection...I'm sure she is copying that ...

What did hubby say?

CoeyG
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Nope wouldn't bother me in the least.  I think it's sweet...there is nothing to handle here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)