Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will This Change Your Diet Pop Consumption?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

Just as you were starting to feel virtuous for having switched from sugary sodas to low- or no-calorie substitutes, a new study comes along suggesting that diet sodas might be bad for your head and your heart.

The study, which followed more than 2,500 New Yorkers for nine or more years, found that people who drank diet soda every day had a 61 percent higher risk of vascular events, including stroke and heart attack, than those who completely eschewed the diet drinks, according to researchers who presented their results today at the American Stroke Association’s International Stroke Conference in Los Angeles.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/health/Daily_diet_soda_tied_to_higher_heart_attack_risk-115659744.html#ixzz1DVBqPGwn

IF YOU ARE A DIET POP DRINKER... WILL THIS CHANGE YOUR CONSUMPTION HABITS OR NO?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I rarely drink soda...and I think I had heard about that before...I stick to water and hot tea when the mood catches me...which can be just as bad depending on how much sugar I add LOL...

usmclife58
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM

It will not change mine. I love my diet mt dew. I do wish I could give up soda completely. Giving up smoking is MUCH easier than giving up soda.

alsmom101
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM

frown miniUnfortunately probably not! There are so many things that we do and consume that are bad for us. But they are all habits and bad habits are hard to break!

aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM

That's true...I used to be addicted to potato chips...it took a long time to cut that out...

Quoting alsmom101:

frown miniUnfortunately probably not! There are so many things that we do and consume that are bad for us. But they are all habits and bad habits are hard to break!

shell81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I was drinking diet pepsi but I changed my life style and no longer drink anything like that.... LOL Not going to call it a diet cause it is life changing:)

CoeyG
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I've never been much of a soda drinker period and I don't drink diet sodas.  The chemicals to replace sugars in them give me violent headaches.  I was told by an allergist that the headaches were caused from allergies to the chemicals.

toomanypoodles
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:52 AM

Nope. 

SimplyMadness
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:54 AM
I thought they've known this for years already...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplyMadness
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:54 AM
But NO lol I never drink diet soda.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liansmommie
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:48 AM

I knew it. Mabe they just didn't have enough proof to say they actually did know it.

I never touch the stuff anyway.

Quoting SimplyMadness:

I thought they've known this for years already...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)