Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naturally Induced Labor

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM
  • 16 Replies

I know this may be a touchy subject so please no bashing.

But have any of you tried self inducing labor? Did they work? Or have you heard of any methods to self induce labor whether you tried them or not?

I will be 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow so not overdue, but doctors have already encouraged me to try to find methods if i wish for self inducing labor.  We honestly thought for the longest time I was going to be having a second premature delivery with Shiloh (baby 3) and have actually carried him to term of 37 weeks, but doctors though the latest i would have carried him was 4 days ago because of how my system was acting.  Plus they noticed over time this baby is very long, and is a good size in weight (ultrasound said baby is big for how far along i am with ALWAYS with the previous 2 births my kids ended up 1-2 lbs bigger.  So they are afraid if I keep going to much longer that his head will not be able to fit through my pelvis though at this point they say he will fit though, but the longer i carry the more likely chances for an "emergancy csection" which i am really hoping i don't need, I would love to be able to deliver vaginally again.

I have heard of Evening Primrose oil (which the docs actually had me start taking this past week), Sex and Nipple Stimulation, learned a little bit about accupressure from a mom on here which i am going to try, and Castor oil (though have heard about some very bad side effects).

Has anyone heard of any others, or tried any others? If you tried them did they work?  I'm just curious to see if any of these methods have actually worked. though i have heard that there are many more than what I have listed above

Lilypie - (xPTw)

Lilypie - (EDUC)

Lilypie - (VRIC)

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LexiCouture
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Raspberry Tea :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MinnickBabyMama
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Quoting LexiCouture:

Raspberry Tea :)

Completely forgot i have heard of that in the past (wayne's pregnancy), that is a good thought

Lilypie - (xPTw)

Lilypie - (EDUC)

Lilypie - (VRIC)

LexiCouture
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:01 AM
and it's yummy :) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexiCouture
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Oh! For my first pregnancy, I was a week over-due so I went out in the backyard and played soccer. 5am the next morning I woke up in labor lol. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MinnickBabyMama
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:11 AM

BUMP!

MinnickBabyMama
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM

LOL Nevin wayne and Amber all try playing basketball or kickball in the house every night LOL maybe i should try to join them or get them outside before this bad weather hits us again tonight lol

LexiCouture
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:15 AM
LOL try it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MinnickBabyMama
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Going to have to LOL you know how much Nevin and I want Shiloh out, and Wayne already started giving Shiloh a lecture to come out of Mommy's belly now because he wants to play with him and needs to stop hurting mommy's back LOL

Quoting LexiCouture:

LOL try it!!!

Lilypie - (xPTw)

Lilypie - (EDUC)

Lilypie - (VRIC)

usmclife58
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Be active!! I went into labor at 37 weeks after a deep cleaning of the house.

With the nip-stim, you have to do it so much it starts to hurt. If you have a breast pump, use it (it mimmicks a baby)

With sex, the sperm ripens the cervix (same as the EPO), but the orgasm starts the contractions. A toy can be used to cause the big O if you cannot get there with... you know.

NevadaSky
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Sex put me into labor with all 3 of my kids.

There is a pizza place were I live that does a labor pizza, they claim it works.  DD and SIL bought one when she was due with her 1st - it didn't work.

your LO will show up when he/she(?) is ready!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)