Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do in DC?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

The husband and I are planning to go to DC for a long weekend. There is SO MUCH that we want to do while we are there. But what are some things that we HAVE to see while we are there? What she we not miss during our trip?

And museum, restaurant, etc recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Oh, and where should we stay?

Thanks!!

Photobucket

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
EireLass
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:25 PM

the zoo and the smithsonian (natural history) 

usmclife58
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Bump?:D

TheJerseyGirl
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM

YES!

Quoting EireLass:

the zoo and the smithsonian (natural history) 

Myspace Comments  

CoeyG
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM

you can't miss the Smithsonian...all of it.Where you should start is simply, pick a point.  There is the Holocaust Museum, Air and Space, and the main Museum. 

There is the Library of Congress, sometimes the FBI gives tours.  The Botanical Gardens are good attractions as well.  There are "scads" of art museums,   You should choose an art museum depnding on the types of art you enjoy. 

Don't forget the monuments. Lincoln, Washington an Jefferson as well as Viet Nam Ware Memorial, Korea War Memorial.  And don't forget the Capital (Not White House)  Make sure you are wearing some good walking shoes because you're going to be doing a lot of it and believe me by the end of it all you will be so sick of seeing steps/stairs you won't care if you never see them again. 

As far as where you should stay, the best idea is to get a place on the Metro line.  I've added a link to the metro map and you can find hotels/motels from there

http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm

EireLass
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM

AND BRING A CAMERA AND LOTS OF BATTERIES! 

usmclife58
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM

The only things we are for sure doing is watching the Silent Drill Team, going to the USMC Museum and taking a tour of the White House (I guess they will do a special tour for military members if you book in advance). Ahh! there is so much to do there!! And we only get a week to do it all!

Thank you for the suggestions!

Number1Chef
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 4:35 PM

never been but have fun!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)