Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you volunteer for any charity?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

Or any other outreach type activity?

It could be church related or non church related.

Are there things you would like to do but haven't got round to it yet as far as volunteering for an organisation?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CoolMommyofboys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I don't...right now because my boys are so young, I want to be there for them as much as possible because it is so true "they grow up so fast"          

Also, my husband works a ton- his schedule isn't real predictable either so I don't want to commit to something (like say I'll be there every Tuesday for example) and then not be able to follow through because he can't get home to be with the boys

I do teach a Bible class at church on Sunday mornings though and ocassionaly help with other things- like this coming up Saturday a few of us are going to clean the childrens class rooms and I'll prob. help the youth group with an italian dinner in March

I will do something once the boys are older but I'm not sure what

usmclife58
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Yes. Currently I am the president of the ESC (enlisted spouses club). We earn money for scholarships, donate food monthly to the local food shelter. We are going to be doing more very soon. We are just doing some.... "house cleaning". I am doing a walk in May for March of Dimes. I was hoping to do one for St Jude's, but I think it is in April and I do not have time to organize it.

I have volunteered for other things, too. I can't remember them all.

maciymommieof3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Autism

maciymommieof3

March of Dimes

maciymommieof3

PTO for Rockwood

CoeyG
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Before I got sick I worked in local soup kitchens.  I have also volunteered to be a before and after school care giver for kids. 

Six-Eyed-2006
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I've been volunteering since I was 14 yrs. old.

Recently though I have been doing work with my sorority Sigma Beta Xi. A couple of our National Charities are Breast Cancer Awareness and March of Dimes (March for Babies).

I've also completed the Walk MS - it was a lot of fun!

Sigma Beta Xi Sorority, Inc
Beta Pi Chapter - Jacksonville, FL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)