Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laryngitis!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

HELP!
I am on day 9 of having absolutely no voice... I've been to the doctor, who said it's just a "virus" and they can't do anything about it. I have four kids, and am a SAHM... so I'm so frustrated. Nothing I do seems to help. I've tried humidifiers, hot drinks, alcohol (that was fun...), just about everything. Any of you have tried and true tips that reduce the longevity of laryngitis? I know that resting my voice is the best option, but have you tried going a day without talking at all when you have a 7,5,3,and 2 year old at home? It's impossible. I am frustrated to tears and feeling like I'm never going to have my voice back.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CoeyG
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I would say that since you haven't had any luck with this doctor it's time to get a second opinion.  It just might not be a "virus". 

DeagynsMommy09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I would definitely be going for a second opinion. I wish I had tips for you, but *knock on wood* I've never had that before. GL, mama!

aneela
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:04 PM

No idea but as the other two said...maybe try another doctor? Good luck!! with getting your voice back!

Amber1226
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:06 PM

ive been the same way. im also a SAHM with a 2 yr old and a 5 week old baby. i havent been to the doctor though, i think mine is strep

usmclife58
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I have no ideas, but I hope you get better soon!!

shell81
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

I would say that since you haven't had any luck with this doctor it's time to get a second opinion.  It just might not be a "virus". 

~Shell~
Group Owner Of ~  Tween Titans ~
Group Mod In ~
Moms With Teens ~
Group Mod In  ~
The Park Bench ~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)