Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

How did you get knocked up?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:56 AM
  • 49 Replies

My LO was very planned. We decided we'd like to have a baby, then we went to the doctor to make sure there was no reason not to.  After that we decided when we would like her to be born and started trying in the appropriate month. Since sperm livefor 48hrs in a womans body, my husband and I had sex everyonther day the whole month til I missed my period.  Even though after abnout 3 days I started having pregnancy symptoms.

Was wondering about other stories.

sylvia

by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:57 AM

I had sex.....

KelliansMom
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:00 AM

my son was sort of planned ...we decided new years eve to try and that whole month but when i got my period in february we decided to stop bc hubby had not heard back about his job interview and i was switching jobs ...but in februry we had to much to drink one night out with friends and forgot about protection and on the same day we found out we were expecting in march (the 17th) he got a call from the company he had interview with six months before offering a job :)

What..What..
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:01 AM

We had unprotected sex for 2 yrs Took awhile but we got her..........

jms124
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Connor was a surprise.  I had been told at 20 that I'd never have kids.  I got pregnant with Connor while on the pill. :0) 

Chloe was kinda planned.  My husband and I looked at each other and said, "Let's have another!"  I found out I was expecting a few days after Connor's 1st birthday.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I got pregnant with my first while on the pill; the second was a 'let's see what happens and not use anything'; we were hoping (me more than hubby) that I'd get pregnant, but since I was 38 when we started - we lost one in the process before having our dd - we weren't sure if I'd we'd be lucky. We already had 4, his & mine, but really hoped for 'ours' ... we got her and she has been a real blessing to us and her brothers & sisters. 

EireLass
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:48 AM

He put his penis in, ejaculated, ta-da....pregnancy.  

usmclife58
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:37 PM

earthangel1967
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:40 PM
1st two were very planned used OTC ovulation prediction tests
3rd one were discussing probably trying for a third only to find out she was already on her way
4th one was a miraculous shock bc he was somehow conceived 2 1/2 yrs after having both my Fallopian tubes completely REMOVED! That's supposed to be impossible the Drs were in shock too and no I STill don't have tubes they didn't grow new ones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3totsinabox
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Quoting earthangel1967:

1st two were very planned used OTC ovulation prediction tests
3rd one were discussing probably trying for a third only to find out she was already on her way
4th one was a miraculous shock bc he was somehow conceived 2 1/2 yrs after having both my Fallopian tubes completely REMOVED! That's supposed to be impossible the Drs were in shock too and no I STill don't have tubes they didn't grow new ones

they body is pretty amazing sometimes.  I think my dh would love to have something like this happen to us :)  (mine arent removed I just have the ESSURE bc)

earthangel1967
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:47 PM
The Drs said it was impossible for baby to be in uterus they said it had to be an abdominal pregnancy so rushed me into vaginal ultrasound and heartbeat was in utero they said they never saw that in someone with absolutely no tubes at all. I have had a hysterectomy now and husband had. Vasectomy so should be safe from more miracles now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)