Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did You Get Cold Feet When...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

peekingwedding

Did you get cold feet before or on your wedding day or at least really nervous or scared?

Please share if you did or didn't and how that marriage worked out.

YVONNE

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyBird388
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:41 AM
No, i knew what I wanted and was super confident and happy on my wedding day. My husband and I continue to grow together as we take on first time parenting. We have typical bumps in the road but we never doubt our devotion to one another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:43 AM

badMy 1st wedding at 18 I did really bad bc inside I knew I wasnt really in love with him.. sad to say I still went thru with it and of course it didn't last... I felt trapped for 16 awful years but finally got out. ( I would never get married with cold feet in retrospect ever again after that!)

in loveFor my second marriage I was in my late 30s and neither one of us was even a tiny bit nervous, we didnt even believe in soulmates until we met and we were totally confident and excited and this marriage is DREAMY!

YVONNE

toomanypoodles
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:40 AM

Not in the least!  I was hot to go!  :)

s.t.e.p.h
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:32 AM

I was very nervous about getting married. We got married when I was 20. 5 years later and we're about to be filing for divorce. He's not living here and it's been kinda bad for awhile. In the end it'll be okay, and we'll be there for each other. He's still my best friend and the father of my children.

HTMommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I almost left the parking lot with my maid of honor......It wasn't cold feet, it was more like WTF am I doing?

Here's the thing though...I am PROUD! lol and STUBBORN! I don't give up and I don't back down. But I think that is a saving grace. I'm a blessing to my hubby and little does his family know what we have gone through.

I say that if we didn't get married when we did, we wouldn't have gotten married at all.

That being said, I do love him and we are going on 6 yrs married 7 together and we still don't know how we've made it. I'm a fighter and I fight for what I believe in and didn't let him give up when it got tough....I didn't let him run away from the problems that HE created....I didn't let him pussy out and I made him face it like a man!

He made his bed and he has to lay in it but I'm not letting him make his family suffer for his faults.

We are supportive and love him through thick and thin....THATS marraige to me. Thats Love and dedication and til death do us part. (or one of us kills the other, whichever happens first LOL)

jessnjosh87
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Eh, kind of nervous that he wouldn't show up...but there he was, 9am at the courthouse :) good boy...

usmclife58
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I was a little nervous, but not about the marriage part. Just the wedding itself. My husband did get cold feet. I didn't find out until after we had been married a few years. I blame it on his parents since they were constantly telling him I was going "clean him out and leave him stranded". I was making more money than him at the time, so I would like to know how that was going to work... Anyway. We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary last Friday :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)