Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal for me to fight with my sister over my dead brothers eulgoy?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:41 AM
  • 12 Replies

Not being morbid

but my sister and I just got into a big blow about what she wants to say in her eulogy...

normal? or not?

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Sounds like both of you are overly emotional due to grief!

toughnsweet
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Not really normal, I don't think. But then, I have never had to deal with something like that, so I honestly don't know. Im so sorry for your loss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:44 AM

There is no normal. Particularly at such a time but I would say this is your and your sister's wake up call. Either y'all will pull together at such a time or pull apart. Here's y'alls chance to take a deep breath, count to ten and make a commitment to pulling together when you both need one another and for life.

*HUGS*

maciymommieof3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Thanks...its not about us ...but about him ...thanks

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

There is no normal. Particularly at such a time but I would say this is your and your sister's wake up call. Either y'all will pull together at such a time or pull apart. Here's y'alls chance to take a deep breath, count to ten and make a commitment to pulling together when you both need one another and for life.

*HUGS*

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

CoeyG
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:32 AM

You know me, I don't think there is such thing as "normal"...especially in how we act after someone we are realted to dies whether we were close to them or not. 

EireLass
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:18 AM
Fighting over things regarding a recent death is always brought about by overwhelming emotions....and then exaggerated by control issues. We have that in my family because were all control jerks. But not all families do. We have a very large family, so we often have multiple speakers.
danie24
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:21 AM
I don't understand.. is there something she wants to say that you find offensive? Or..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:01 AM

I didnt know that your brother had died Ang! I am so sorry!!!!!!!!

I've been in plenty of situations with family fighting over things that had to do with someone's death. The best advice is to be th ebigger person and just let it go...

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Absolutely...

Quoting EireLass:

Fighting over things regarding a recent death is always brought about by overwhelming emotions....and then exaggerated by control issues. We have that in my family because were all control jerks. But not all families do. We have a very large family, so we often have multiple speakers.

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

usmclife58
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:39 PM

((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)