Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've Committed PreMeditated Murder : (

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:32 AM
  • 12 Replies

im sorrysimple frownI feel so guilty and sad....

We've got teeny tiny ants in the kitchen in one area for some odd reason (we never had them before) and we have carpenter ants in the bathroom which for some reason we get every summer in that room for a month or two.

I kept hoping they'd go away but they've been getting worse so we had to buy some Terro Poison traps (the ants eat it and carry it back to their colony and share it with everyone including the queen and it kills the entire colony).

They are so excited they are running the trap like kids to the christmas tree. Poor innocent little things. WHY couldn't they just stay outside.

I HATE KILLING any living things!

spider

I am actually TERRIFIED of spiders and centipedes but I dont think they deserve to die bc of my fear so we have a thing called a bugzooka that catches insects and lets them go outside without having to get close to them or touch them.

So this really DOES bother me for real.

Are you the kind of person who "wouldnt kill a fly" too? Does killing even an insect bother you like it does me?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoolMommyofboys
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:46 AM

uuumm, before I had kids I was afraid to even step on a spider- which now even thinking about it is so stupid considering I'm 1000 times bigger than them       but now that I have kids, I step on them as soon as I see them so that they don't bite the boys

I don't like bugs...so it doesn't bother me at all

birds though that is a different story  LOL   I felt terrible when I had to dig the bird out of the grill of my vehicle back in high school

aneela
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:11 AM

umm nah...i can kill them and not think about it if need be...esp roaches LOL

Number1Chef
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:39 AM

i dont like killing living things either but if a bug or insect is in my house im not going to let it stay in there

CoeyG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I am willing to kill ants, flies and cockroaches...I won't kill spiders (they eat, ants and flies and yes even the occasional cockroach)

betsystipo
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I will swat and kill a fly if I can't get it out of my house, ants I do kill, and spiders...I have my husband take care of!   I can't stand spiders! 

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:46 PM

To me spiders and centipedes are so scary LOOKING to me it doesnt matter if they are large or small (well ok large is worse but im scared of the tiny ones too) and it doesnt matter if they are the non poisonous ones.... I am just freaked out by how they look. 

They make me scream if they are too close to me.

egyptian_mommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:56 PM
Yes. Dh laughs at me. But I can't help but feel kinda guilty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liansmommie
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Killing bugs is not a problem for me. We get ants every year too but the real problem bugs are earwigs. For some reason, every may, the property is overrun with them. I have found cinnamon a good deterrent for ants and earwigs.

aneela
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 7:29 AM

bump

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Only ladybugs and praying mantises...everything else is fair game!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)