Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wedding presents

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

Usually we give a check, or buy something off their registry.  Last weekend we gave my cousin 150 dollars - bc she had invited all 4 of us.  But tomorrow we are going to a "last minute" sorta wedding.  We literally got the invite on Monday when we came home from being away for the weekend.  No church or anything, just at a local Steakhouse.  I'm not even sure we are gonna see vows...or if its more like a "celebration" at the resturant.  I am thinking like 50 dollars is good?  I have no clue!  I've never seen someone send out an invite literally like 1.5 weeks before!  Any suggestions?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Number1Chef
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:03 PM

i think a gift card to some place sounds good

mhmomma
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Interesting.  How well do you know the people?  We give based on how well, what type of wedding and if family member.  What if you give a gift instead of money?

Liansmommie
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:40 AM

I like the idea of a gift card. It does seem a bit impromptu, doesn't it?

aneela
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 7:27 AM

bump

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 7:32 AM

I say 50 is fine~

CoolMommyofboys
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I think fifty is fine but I like gift cards better then checks- like to give them that is

betsystipo
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:36 AM

I don't know them, they are my DH's friends....but then again how good of friends bc we've been together over 8 yrs.  I believe they are already living together, and have been together for years.....   I don't have time to do a GC bc there isn't anyplace local to go to that quickly.

sparkyco2
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I can understand that peoples lives get busy and you loose touch but if you never really had that "in touch" well i would skip it all together and just send a nice card with a gift card or cash/check 25.00 maxium.

when we got married we pooled our wedding money we received from family and friends and bought two nice pieces of furniture for our home.... my parents gave us 2500.00 as a gift and we bought a grandfather clock with it, something we can pass down to our daughter.  we sent out our thank yous and everyone thought our 3 purchases were great instead of spending it on stuff that would eventually be tossed away, used no longer, or wrecked in a few years.

momma2bubbas
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 10:21 AM

sounds good.

usmclife58
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Is it another cousin or relative?

I *personally* do not give a gift based on the wedding. Some people can't afford a big shebang, or there are other circumstances for a smaller/shorter/quicker wedding- that doesn't mean they do not deserve less of a gift. JMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)