Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF: Woman dies, no one notices for 8 years

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:11 AM
  • 18 Replies

WTF: Woman dies, no one notices for 8 years

0diggsdigg

S-SYDNEY-BODY-FOUND-large300 Sad. An elderly Australian woman's remains were found in her home, eight friggin' years after her death.

It's not as if this lady had no neighbors or relatives. According to the entire shocking story, she did! And her welfare checks continued to be deposited into her bank account the whole time, despite the fact that her account went untouched. What kind of self-respecting grandkids don't check on their grandma? Kids these days, I swear.

Sydney Woman's Remains Found Years After Death

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Holy sh&%!

How the hell did no one even notice that one?

MichelleMc
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:59 PM

It says the ONLY relative was one sister in law who they stopped speaking. So how this stupid article is talking about grandkids just shows how lost the writer was.

It did also say she was a recluse. So the neighbors might have thought, being one that didn't talk to anyone, had left one day & they hadn't seen her leave, she went to a nursing home or whatnot.

My biggest question is how Welfare has no follow up appts & just kept sending her money. Usually you have to go in for an annual follow up. So, for 8 years with someone elderly blows my mind!

Michelle Proud Mom of an Only Child By Choice Jonathan

Proud Navy Submarine Disabled Vet & Vol Firefighters Wife To Jake! 

thedivinemizm
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Thats just crazy, i thought you had to do a yearly welfare appt. unless they meant SS

Charli627
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:14 PM
Wow! That's sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:22 PM

terrible

usmclife58
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Quoting Charli627:

Wow! That's sad.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM

WOW...what a shame...

CoeyG
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Quoting MichelleMc:

It says the ONLY relative was one sister in law who they stopped speaking. So how this stupid article is talking about grandkids just shows how lost the writer was.

It did also say she was a recluse. So the neighbors might have thought, being one that didn't talk to anyone, had left one day & they hadn't seen her leave, she went to a nursing home or whatnot.

My biggest question is how Welfare has no follow up appts & just kept sending her money. Usually you have to go in for an annual follow up. So, for 8 years with someone elderly blows my mind!

That is only here in the U.S.  She was in Australia they might have a different set up for welfare there.  I am just floored that no one noticed...Recluse or not, she would have had to do shopping in order to eat, she had to be able to heat her home and pay for it...why did those thigns go unnoticed? 

maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:04 PM

thats waht I m sayin'

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Holy sh&%!

How the hell did no one even notice that one?

The PhOtO bOoTh Love photography? just learning or experienced...we have it all here+contests and more!

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:11 PM

I mean, it makes more sense if she doesn't have any family that she talks to, but 8 years? You would have thought SOMEONE would have stopped in to check on her or tried to call her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)