Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

school shopping!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
Got mined done today for dd! Wow had no idea I'd spend nearly $200 on shoes, clothes and supplies. lesson of the day: keep up on cloths as she grows out of them so it's not so much at once. Next week it's the boys turn for clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
3dragonflies
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM

LOL :)  I just got back from doing the same thing!  I only need to get the boys some new shoes... as for dd who knows she says she is all set but she is 15 and you know she will find something she just can't live without...  As for supplies that is another whole story, the school has yet to give us a list of what they need, probably get that on the first day of school.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I still need to finish mine.

aneela
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:15 PM

i didnt have too much to do since he is going into pre K

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Good job I didnt start my son's yet. 

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I know what you mean by expensive especially all at once ugh

I remember when my oldest son Jesse now 24 was in middle school he LITERALLY grew 6 inches in ONE school year!

I actually ended up having to get him ALL new clothes, underwear and shoes THREE times (whole wardrobes : ( that year.

I was stressed out the second time and the third time I literally started crying and said "God should make gold coins fall out his ears to pay for the clothes if he is going to make him grow so fast and suddenly" lol  He's 6'1" now.

shell81
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I hardly ever do back to school clothes shopping.

I just buy as they need through out the yr.

For school this yr my two youngest sons did not need anything but new shoes. My oldest needed shorts and shirts.

rockon332
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Got most of it done for Ro.   Still need to fine jeans for her.  Girls have to have the perfect jeans when they are 9 years old.  I can't get over that! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)