Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of radio do you listen most?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

Today is National Radio Day

When : Always August 20th

National Radio Day celebrates a great invention and communications medium.

The invention of the radio dates back to the late 1800s. A number of inventors played a role in creating this important medium. A number of inventions and discoveries were required to make the radio a reality. This included both transmission and reception methods and technology. The radio somewhat evolved from the telegraph and the telephone, with wireless telegraph directly contributing to its invention.

Celebrating National Radio Day is easy listening. Simply tune into your favorite radio stations(s). You could also give your local radio personalities a little recognition.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Liansmommie
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:14 PM

I listen to a station where we intend moving next summer through my computer. It's a great way to keep up on local stuff before we get there.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I only listen to XM radio.

Charli627
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:43 PM
I usually only listen to the radio when I'm in the car
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I listen to the classical station most.

Number1Chef
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM

ninipanini
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:08 AM

We have 7 radios/stereos.  The kids each have a stereo/cd player in their room.

In the house, I usually park it on the top 40 channel.  Unless a song I can't stand comes on, like Today and I'm not gonna do anything(LOL) then I flip it to a 70/80/90 channel.

nigesgirl
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Usually only Pandora at home.  Otherwise a local station (97.3) that plays a really wide variety of music.  Most mainstream stations around here play the same 10ish or so songs on a 2-3 hour rotation.  Blech.  

CoolMommyofboys
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM

I have XM in my vehicle...LOVE it- no commercials 

I listen to Pandora and AOL radio off my phone here at home.

Bleacheddecay
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I hate how much they TALK on the radio now but there is one classical jazz station I listen to when I have no alternatives. I prefer hard rock.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)