Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What am I supposed to do?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
I grew up in chaos my mother has significant health/issues. It seems that more often lately she has been depressed, but violently depressed where it is everyone and anything. I hate that for her and know what she is like. I am 20 weeks pregnant and I just got the following text:

Sorry, i was such apin. I always loved you, i was nothing but a shame. Pl/ease remember that I loved u and bragged about u. I was a bad sister, I'm sooo sorry. Take care of Minnie & the dogs.

No answer, my sister who lives close (I'm several states away) has her phone turned off. My poor aunt who is about two hours away is taking over. The cops have been called now I sit and worry. I shouldn't be stressed like this and I know she does it intentionally but I still have the what if she is serious this time in the back of my mind.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Charli627
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liansmommie
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I am sorry you are going through this. I wish I had some advice.

sailfishmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I'm sorry :( I wish I knew something comforting to say. I hope everything is okay. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

SarahAltheim
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:09 AM
My sister just called me she baker acted her and they would only do it because she said while my sister was on the phone with dispatch she was trying to kill herself. The two page suicide note wasn't enough, or the stomach full of pills. I just hope since this time they would take her she gets the help she needs.
Liansmommie
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Quoting SarahAltheim:

My sister just called me she baker acted her and they would only do it because she said while my sister was on the phone with dispatch she was trying to kill herself. The two page suicide note wasn't enough, or the stomach full of pills. I just hope since this time they would take her she gets the help she needs.

Thanks for the update. I hope he get the help she needs.

SarahAltheim
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Today is my daughter's fourth birthday so I am going to spend our happy family Saturday focusing on her. I am glad she has no idea.
aneela
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM

happy bday to your daughter. and so sorry about your sister *hugs*

Quoting SarahAltheim:

Today is my daughter's fourth birthday so I am going to spend our happy family Saturday focusing on her. I am glad she has no idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)